Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathway to getting this card? (SPG)

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pathway to getting this card? (SPG)

+1 on the Green, or maybe the Delta revolver now actually though I think that would be a stretch and TLDR I'd simply take a shot at a Green.

The SPG isn't so far fetched anymore as some folks make it seem, both it and the BCP seem to have dropped substantially from an underwriting requirement standpoint; however, that's subject to change at pretty much anytime but has held true for the last few months at least.  Other lenders since June have done similar, it's anyone's guess when they stop in that regard (Chase, BOFA, not certain on Citi).

I don't know if the Delta card is any harder than a Green, but I think right now the Green is an easy approval based on another student's recent approval and similar income, and you don't need to three-step the SPG: a Green can get you there too as there were others who went Zync -> BCP or SPG if I recall correctly.

Edit: the BCP minimum limit is $500, SPG may be that low as well but it wouldn't surprise me if it were 1K as $500 probably doesn't even cover three nights stay in many markets.

        
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soounds like income will be the largest obstacle. But yeah try to get a foot in the door with the green and move on from there.

Message 12 of 15
Objectivist
Valued Member

My starting income after school would be somewhere between $60 -$75,000. But that won't be for another 3 years. 

Should I get the Green or Zync? I heard Zync wasn't available anymore, but I found an application for it through Google.

Also, I'm surprised you don't think the Delta is that hard to get. Is there a low income requirement for it?

In that case, I guess I'll apply for that one a few months down the road here?

Message 13 of 15
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Zync is no longer available. You may go for Green I think.

Revolvers are harder to get, that is the reason why. Normally you are more likely to be approved for a charge card, but all depends on your history.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@shakalaka wrote:

Zync is no longer available. You may go for Green I think.

Revolvers are harder to get, that is the reason why. Normally you are more likely to be approved for a charge card, but all depends on your history.

Pretty much this, but the Delta revolver has always been a different underwriting criteria than many of the Amex-branded cards, and even some of the other co-brands (SPG in particular historically).  I would agree the Green is probably easier to get right now than the Delta since we just saw a six-month history approval with the Green and I'd still stick with the idea that the Delta requires a year of history, but other than that the rest of the requirements have got to be close.

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.