Contributor
Danique

Pay Down or go with secured

I am wondering what would be the best course of action for me. I want to know should I open a secured cc or pay down my already existing credit? Any advice will be well appreciated.

Starting Score : TU: 667-- EQ: 673
Current Score : TU: 644-- EQ: 645
Goal Score : TU: 800-- EQ: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Pay Down or go with secured

What are the negatives in order on your FICO EQ and FICO TU score reports? (screen 2, the balance scales) These are the factors hurting you the most, with the most damaging on top.

What's your current util? If your util is too high, you might have trouble getting even a secured card.

I'd improve my reports by lowering util before trying to get new credit. Your chances of approval for a good card will be much better.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+