Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,413
Registered: ‎04-18-2008
0

Pay Over Time--AMEX Platinum

Just an observation; I was perusing my October statement and there was a section about pay over time terms and it says my limit was $35,000. Sort of like WOW.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,982
Registered: ‎02-09-2012
0

Re: Pay Over Time--AMEX Platinum

Damn

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Established Contributor
Posts: 567
Registered: ‎09-10-2012
0

Re: Pay Over Time--AMEX Platinum

It is sort of the standard limit AFAIK

 

And pay over time needs to be activated, you do not have it automatically


Amex Platinum (NPSL) | Amex BCE (33,400) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (24,800) | Discover IT (12,700) | Chase Freedom (6,300) | Walmart (4,500) | CapOne (4.000) | Alliant CU Visa | Gone for good: CapOne secured (thx for getting me started) | Amex Zync (thx for getting me into AX)

FICO: TU 758 (10/12) EQ 724 (10/22) EX 748 (12/5)

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,413
Registered: ‎04-18-2008
0

Re: Pay Over Time--AMEX Platinum


shakalaka wrote:

It is sort of the standard limit AFAIK

 

And pay over time needs to be activated, you do not have it automatically


I wasn't aware of a limit especially a universal one. Just a section I noticed and thought it was interesting. I'm pretty sure mine is/was activated though.

 

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,406
Registered: ‎07-12-2011
0

Re: Pay Over Time--AMEX Platinum


MrShush wrote:

shakalaka wrote:

It is sort of the standard limit AFAIK

 

And pay over time needs to be activated, you do not have it automatically


I wasn't aware of a limit especially a universal one. Just a section I noticed and thought it was interesting. I'm pretty sure mine is/was activated though.

 


Hey MrShush!

I think that the 35K limit is standard unless approved at activation/invite it states differently.  My limits are 35K on both my charge cards with Amex.  My brother's was activated with 18K.  Not everyone is offered this "perk" and it's based on internal score and ability to pay.  


Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, TotalRewards 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,413
Registered: ‎04-18-2008
0

Re: Pay Over Time--AMEX Platinum


improvingmycredit wrote:

MrShush wrote:

shakalaka wrote:

It is sort of the standard limit AFAIK

 

And pay over time needs to be activated, you do not have it automatically


I wasn't aware of a limit especially a universal one. Just a section I noticed and thought it was interesting. I'm pretty sure mine is/was activated though.

 


Hey MrShush!

I think that the 35K limit is standard unless approved at activation/invite it states differently.  My limits are 35K on both my charge cards with Amex.  My brother's was activated with 18K.  Not everyone is offered this "perk" and it's based on internal score and ability to pay.  


Roger! That makes sense. Base upon internal criteria if fluctuates--like everything else with them.

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 1,837
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
0

Re: Pay Over Time--AMEX Platinum

Mine is 35k as well and is only applied to purchases $100.00 or more. Im thinking about using the pay over time feature real soon.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 180
Registered: ‎05-06-2012
0

Re: Pay Over Time--AMEX Platinum

What's the typical interest rate for pay over time with a charge card?



Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 734 | TU 738 | EX 719
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,837
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
0

Re: Pay Over Time--AMEX Platinum

Very good question. I believe its 18% on mine but may be wrong. I personally dont have a concern about the interest considering it will only be spreaded out 1-3 months at most.

Established Contributor
Posts: 674
Registered: ‎09-12-2011
0

Re: Pay Over Time--AMEX Platinum

Awhile back there was a MR bonus of 5,000 points if you activated the Pay Over Time feature.  I did so and got the 5,000 bonus points.  But I believe there have been offers of 10,000 bonus points as well.  My APR for pay over time is 15.24%. I have only used this feature once (back when it was called Sign & Travel) to purchase some last minute airline tickets.

 

 

FICOs: TU08 841 2/9/15 per Barclay; TU98 800 4/8/14; EQ04 769 6/8/14; EQ08 809 3/4/15; EX08 812 3/8/15 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $19.3K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Citi Double Cash $10K; Citi Simplicity Visa $17.3K; Discover IT $24K; Fidelity Amex $25K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $20K; Sallie Mae WMC $17.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $24.5K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.