Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Pal Credit

tag
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Pay Pal Credit

I was browsing on the Qvc website and they have the pay pal credit option to pay when I clicked on it it's asking for the last 4 of my social and my birthday what exactly does that mean is the possibility of getting denied still there ?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pay Pal Credit

@Creditbuilder36 wrote:
I was browsing on the Qvc website and they have the pay pal credit option to pay when I clicked on it it's asking for the last 4 of my social and my birthday what exactly does that mean is the possibility of getting denied still there ?

HP against EQ for PayPal credit whether approved and/or denied.  Even with only asking last 4 of SSN

Message 2 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Creditbuilder36 wrote:

No matter what you app for, be it the SCT, or a pre-approval from a card company, or an app just asking for your last 4 of SS, you can still get denied.....when these companies sp your credit, it could be a month or more before you are given an offer......so if there are any changes in your credit profile, you can still be be denied and you can also get a hp.

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lesson learned hard way, my exploits with Discover did not go so well, never again though, im much wiser to the mailer tricks!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay Pal is stalking me. lol I keep getting offers from them. The one tonight is solid, I think, with terms and interest rate if not paid within the agreed time period.  Where were they when I needed them? lol I am not applying for several reasons, the most important of which I am in the garden.

Message 5 of 10
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I figured that that's why I didn't apply I don't want the HP for pay pal ill wait on better offers that fit me
Message 6 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

There's nothing wrong with waiting either. Especially when it is because you are doing it until an offer that suits you comes available.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Creditbuilder36 wrote:
I figured that that's why I didn't apply I don't want the HP for pay pal ill wait on better offers that fit me

The only plus to PayPal is that it's a hidden tradeline, so your utilization won't be affected when you use it....and the interest is decent 19% and any purchase over $99 gets 6 months deferred interest.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best PayPal credit offer? I thought everyone gets 19.99% APR and 6 months 0% for purchases over $99.99. I guess some of you are talking about the PayPal MC, not credit for online purchases only.

Message 9 of 10
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

As in something I may really need or something I want ~~> that's what I mean by best offer sorry for the misunderstanding.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.