Frequent Contributor
mmduluth

Re: Pay a CC with a CC?

I didn't think you could do it either, but this is what I did on Black Friday.

I went into Kohl's with coupons. In order to use them I had to use my Kohl's card. I bought my $150 worth of stuff, went back to customer service, and immediately paid my bill with my Chase Freedom and still got the 5% cash back because of the rotating categories. On top of that, I got my discounts for using the coupons plus Kohls cash.

I can see this working at Macy's too because when I have coupons there, I will pay with my Macy's card and then immediately pay with my debit card but they don't have a PIN pad so the debit card has to be run as credit.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}