Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay charged off AMEX?

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Pay charged off AMEX?

So the good news is that they didn't blacklist you  Smiley Happy   The only bad news is that you were denied and incurred an inquiry.

Occasionally AMEX seems to forget about old unpaid debt....but many times they have a very long memory.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 21 of 47
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

So the good news is that they didn't blacklist you  Smiley Happy   The only bad news is that you were denied and incurred an inquiry.

Occasionally AMEX seems to forget about old unpaid debt....but many times they have a very long memory.....

Indeed.  I can live (reluctantly) with the "ding."  If they want to do another HP with the recon, I am going to ask them to bump one off with either decision.  I was just approved for a Citi Custom Credit line this week as well, so that's two in one week.  YIKES!

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 22 of 47
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@randeman wrote:

I spoke with a gentleman at Amex just now and he stated that the only thing that is standing in my  way is a judgment that I am disputing with Experian (and Equifax for that matter).  Additionally, the judgment was paid in full but I have not gotten the paperwork to the credit reporting agencies showing that fact because I was disputing the case first due to the fact that I was not properly served.  Amex further stated that even if the dispute was not honored, showing them that the judgment was paid in full will help me get the card.  They are sending me a reconsideration application and said I should follow up with Experian to find out why it is still on my report even though it is in dispute.

I guess they have a short memory with respect to the old account.

That is excellent news. I hope they approve you soon.

On a different note, I also have a paid judgement on my credit report, and I was not properly served either. I would love to know how you are going about disputing this. Thanks.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 47
randeman
Frequent Contributor

From what I have seen online, it varies from state to state as to whether or not it can be done, and how.  Google your state and "how to vacate a civil judgment" and take it from there.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 24 of 47
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Well, the denied me for the second and final time.  Amazingly enough, neither Citibank nor Barclays had a problem with the judgment.  So, I will happily stay with my other cards.  Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 47
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Oh well. Did they give you a diffeent reason for the second time?

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 47
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Same, and only, reason.  It's okay though, I really didn't want the card per se, although the Delta and SkyMiles benefits would have been very nice.  Still, I am pretty happy with what I have, so no big deal.

Message 27 of 47
aplast
Regular Contributor

You should apply for a charge card! Underwriting is more relaxed. Then, in six months, you can go again for the delta card!
Message 28 of 47
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@aplast wrote:
You should apply for a charge card! Underwriting is more relaxed. Then, in six months, you can go again for the delta card!

+1

The good news is that you are no longer blacklisted.  Take advantage of that while you can as you never know whether it will stay that way or not.  

Message 29 of 47
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@aplast wrote:

I suppose, IF they will accept the application as is.  I don't want another inquiry; that would be four this month alone.  I will give them a call on Monday, see what they say.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.