Did you mean: 

Pay charged off AMEX?

tag
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Re: Pay charged off AMEX?

Keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 47
resilient
Established Contributor

I know I'm late but I was blacklisted from a 2002 unpaid charge off I applied for a BCE back in November and was denied. Denial letter said "reason for denial-American Express previously closed your account". It was also a hard pull.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 32 of 47
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@resilient wrote:

I know I'm late but I was blacklisted from a 2002 unpaid charge off I applied for a BCE back in November and was denied. Denial letter said "reason for denial-American Express previously closed your account". It was also a hard pull.

Ouch!  That sucks!

Every time my brother applied they shot him down with the same reason, but always without a hard pull.  Then he applied in December and approved after ID verification. 

Message 33 of 47
Open123
Super Contributor

@McArthur wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Ouch!  That sucks!

Every time my brother applied they shot him down with the same reason, but always without a hard pull.  Then he applied in December and approved after ID verification. 

Amex certainly does "forgive" bad debts, but just not sure how they decide whom or what amount to forgive.  On the other hand, for some are still on the list after 30 years over a relatively small charge off of $650.

Message 34 of 47
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Ouch!  That sucks!

Amex certainly does "forgive" bad debts, but just not sure how they decide whom or what amount to forgive.  On the other hand, for some are still on the list after 30 years over a relatively small charge off of $650.

There seems to be a lot of forgiving going on these days.  I am thinking that getting smacked over the head by the CFPB et. al. lately has triggered something at AmEx.

I know they didn't use loss amount in my brother's case.  Their loss was over $150k so you would think that would be the last person in the world to forgive.

Message 35 of 47
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@McArthur wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Ouch!  That sucks!

There seems to be a lot of forgiving going on these days.  I am thinking that getting smacked over the head by the CFPB et. al. lately has triggered something at AmEx.

I know they didn't use loss amount in my brother's case.  Their loss was over $150k so you would think that would be the last person in the world to forgive.

That's amazing.  I can't imagine charging up that much!  What the heck did he use it on?

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 36 of 47
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Edited: double post.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 37 of 47
distantarray
Established Contributor

You sure you want the Delta card? It's probably one of the worst programs out there. If you live next to a Suntrust you can get a Delta Skymiles World Master card DEBIT which pretty much does the same or more, unless free checked in bags for upto 9 people is your primarly want for the card. 

Delta Skymiles redemptions are awful, Never found 1 single award flight that was for a decent rate. United however I never have issues finding awards for the flights I want. Delta Skymiles are valued at 1.22 cents the frequent flyer sites, and United is 3 to 9 cents depending on how you redeem it. For instance 140,000 points can get you a saver first class award to Asia. In the summer that can cost $12,000+ 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 38 of 47
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@randeman wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Ouch!  That sucks!

That's amazing.  I can't imagine charging up that much!  What the heck did he use it on?

He didn't use it.

It was a case of identity theft, but AmEx wouldn't accept that.  Even though the ID thief was arrested, convicted and made complete restitution AmEx had my borhter blacklisted for over 20 years.  Go figure.

Message 39 of 47
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@McArthur wrote:

@randeman wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Ouch!  That sucks!

He didn't use it.

It was a case of identity theft, but AmEx wouldn't accept that.  Even though the ID thief was arrested, convicted and made complete restitution AmEx had my borhter blacklisted for over 20 years.  Go figure.

That explains it, then.

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.