cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay down your debt before you apply for GE CLI..

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Pay down your debt before you apply for GE CLI..

I just paid my Walmart Discover card balance to $0. CL has been stuck at $4K for five months, which is quite unusual because I received CLI at the 4 and 8 months mark. Online CLI is rejected. Just called GE credit solution to recon the CLI. After several minutes the lady told me she could not give me any CLI.

Then I immediately pulled my three credit report and saw no HP.

Obviously, they softed me and saw I maxed out my Chase Freedom card and total CC util is about 60%, which can be a risky behavior in the lender's view.

I will pay them down and apply for CLI next month and see if anything changes. 

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Pay down your debt before you apply for GE CLI..

Doesn't GE frequently use a soft thats a couple months old? I know when I get denied it says based on the info obtained on (and lists a 2 month old report date)

Message 2 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Yep... Old AR reference. Not a fresh soft.

Message 3 of 12
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Yep... Old AR reference. Not a fresh soft.

So can I ask them to soft or hard pull me to update my info next month?

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 4 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I specifically don't know about that. Never tried that myself.

Message 5 of 12
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Automated system/online use old AR reports.  When you call Crdt Sol they will use a fress soft pull.  I had my report froze and they required me to unfreeze it. 

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 6 of 12
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@staifokuzed wrote:

Automated system/online use old AR reports.  When you call Crdt Sol they will use a fress soft pull.  I had my report froze and they required me to unfreeze it. 

Ahhh. That's when they saw my balances in other accounts.

Message 7 of 12
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Never CLI with util around 60% imho.

Unless its NFCU, in which case you will probably only go up 10K rather than 15K. Smiley Tongue

Seriously though, I never go into an app or CLI without the most current report in my hand from all three bureaus.  (I know Exp is bunk, but it is accurate on inqs anyhoo)

I figure, why let them know more then me,

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 8 of 12
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

Never CLI with util around 60% imho.

Unless its NFCU, in which case you will probably only go up 10K rather than 15K. Smiley Tongue

Seriously though, I never go into an app or CLI without the most current report in my hand from all three bureaus.  (I know Exp is bunk, but it is accurate on inqs anyhoo)

I figure, why let them know more then me,

Because I know it's a soft pull anyway. It never hurts to ask.

Message 9 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

GE is a SP for CLI's. they frequently use old CR's and I have found that its best to confirm that they are looking at a fresh pull.

Edit: sp for most cc's. CareCredit is one if the exceptions.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.