Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay more then monthly stafement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay more then monthly stafement?

Hi, I'm 25 and received my first credit card (Credit One) last month. I have paid my only monthly statement in full last month. However it was only the $75 charge for first year activation.

Last week I made a $60 charge on the card and I'm afraid it will not post on this coming statement. I think it will only show the $47 I charged from last month and this month.

Basically I've been trying to keep my credit usage of the card at or under 30% and that is my plan for the future.

I was planning on buying my fiance a cheap little $100 tablet of Amazon. But it my $60 charge doesn't post this month it will put me at 50% usage.

Can I pay more then my monthly statement on a Credit One card?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay more then monthly stafement?

If you send the payment through your bank, you can pay more than the balance.

Message 2 of 11
etstrong98
New Contributor

+1

I pay everything through the bank, more than my statement and even pending charges.

Word of advice keep Credit One for a year max until you get replace then burn it. Smiley Wink

FICO EX 811, EQ 821, TU 826
Message 3 of 11
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Most people. Get a Increase after you pif your first statement... 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've have been paying it threw Wal-Mart money center. I work labor and I get paid in cash so I don't have direct depositing or anything like that. While I do have savings I don't have any active back accounts to pay to bill threw.

I'm interested in learning this information and now want to open a checking account for this purpose. Thank you all for the help Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please open a checking account - it may be a hassle if you get paid in cash, BUT in the long run, a checking account is the best.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex serve card, the green one. Zero cash reloads. If you get blue its a fee every reload, but smaller month fee. Use amex offers once in a while, it offsets everything and then some.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is slightly off topic, but Credit One is a vulture. There are lots of cards out there that are available to thin files. I would look into some of them, and cancel Credit One as soon as you get a card that doesn't have such egregious fees. Within six months, this card should be gone.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is slightly off topic, but Credit One is a vulture. There are lots of cards out there that are available to thin files. I would look into some of them, and cancel Credit One as soon as you get a card that doesn't have such egregious fees. Within six months, this card should be gone.

Yes.

Just my opinion...find a local Credit Union, they normally have no fee checking. 

Find another credit card lender.  Capital One Platinum Card for example. Has no Annual Fee!  

Get your TransUnion credit score and research Amazon Credit card. Get cash back on Amazon purchases!

Even more so, Discover IT has cash back and Amazon is one of its' rotating categories.

Just some thoughts.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no real past bills in my name. I don't make a ton so stuff like my phone was added on to my parents account to avoid the $500 deposit. My car insurance is threw my parents as well. I've been driving now for 9 years and not as much as a parking ticket. I guess to say I'm cheap. Back when I was 18 I moved out with my girlfriend at the time and I over drafted about $500 to repair my car and for the gas to get back near family as I moved across the US.

I don't believe I have any outstanding debts. I never paid back the overdraft but I no longer believe its on my credit history. Long story short I have no real past credit history except the typical I was 18 and broke and never paid back story.

I was quite surprised to see I even qualified for a card and I have become much more responsible over the last 5-6 years as I've grown up and started to accept my responsibilities as a legal adult. Along with my "I can't verify my income" has left me with very few options and I'm very excited to get a chance to build my credit so I have something to work with if I ever decide to buy a home or buy a car threw a dealership.

I've read a good bit of info over the last few weeks on this site and I'm excited for the opportunity this card gives me to prove myself. I do not plan to keep this card long term about a year is my plan then apply for a Amex as I've talked to their customer service and it was by far the best experience I've ever had dealing with anyone over the phone. I guess it left a good impression. Anyways I'm rambling and I thank you all for the information you have shared with me.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.