Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

Re: Pay off credit card or car

Ideally you would zero your credit card before the 0% expires. Extra money would go towards the car to minimize interest from the relatively high 6.9%, sooner than later. As for your score, an installment loan may help you past the halfway point, but hurt you if not yet at it. With one of each reporting a balance, I can well imagine that a ~90% installment util is worse than ~30% on a card.

The lost luggage office’s trained professional, “Has your plane arrived yet?”
Established Member
AdPray123

Thanks everyone. The car can essentially be paid off by the end of next year but I think it is smarter for me to try to bring down that credit card. That's where it will end up costing me more. You guys are awesomeness! Have a great day.

Established Contributor
hot4u

Agree.. Pay off Credit Card.. The Installment loan on car helps- adding another form of credit mixture for your score.

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton and SPG®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
(Citi)- Dividends Platinum Select, Executive/Platinum® Advantage,Hawaiian Airlines World Elite

Established Contributor
sjt

Pay off the credit card debt.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}