Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay pal smart connect ppsc and bml. Question

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Pay pal smart connect ppsc and bml. Question

Does any one have both. . The ppsc. And bml? As I really want the hidden tl. Can hide usage. Can you link debit to bml?  Should I get rid of ppsc?  Like it. But it's useless. Compared to bml. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Pay pal smart connect ppsc and bml. Question

Heard a rumor that Paypal Credit might start reporting to CBs. Not sure if true or not but I hope they don't.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 7
IWOL
Established Contributor

You cannot use BML as back up funding for the debit card, only the smart connect can be used for that.

BML can be used to pay any merchant that takes BML or Paypal and it can be used to send money to any paypal account holder.

Message 3 of 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I have both. Each one is linked to different Paypal accts which both have different email. I recently got the BML for the hidden TL.

Where is this rumor coming from that they might start reporting? Is there a good source?
Message 4 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

You cannot use BML as back up funding for the debit card, only the smart connect can be used for that.

BML can be used to pay any merchant that takes BML or Paypal and it can be used to send money to any paypal account holder.

what do you mean to send money to any paypal account holder. with bml or ppsc? . are you saying i could send cash to myself with this as most have many email addresses.

Message 5 of 7
IWOL
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

what do you mean to send money to any paypal account holder. with bml or ppsc? . are you saying i could send cash to myself with this as most have many email addresses.

Sending money to one of your other paypal accounts is a big no no. That will get both accounts shut down real quick but you could send money to a buddy that has a paypall account. There is a fee involved in sending money. 

Message 6 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well that makes sense. very good. i have many friends that have pay pal.  so you are saying. i can tell my bro . im sending you 1k give it to me later?  its cool. but i would never do it. in that case i think i will leave it open. for rainy day funds. heheheSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.