Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Connect do they automatically send you a card

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

PayPal Connect do they automatically send you a card

Was approved for PayPal connect Sunday just curious do they automatically send you a card or is it mainly to use via PayPal

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
rob022574
Valued Member

Re: PayPal Connect do they automatically send you a card

No card with this account, only a line of credit within your existing PayPal account.

Message 2 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

@rob022574 wrote:

No card with this account, only a line of credit within your existing PayPal account.

Ok thanks, its od they asked when I applied if I wanted a custom photo card or a standard card

Message 3 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

Ok maybe its like the walmart discover if you qualify for that you get the discover if not you get the store card??

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

A line of credit with your paypal account? I thought that was what Bill me later was. Are Connect and BML different?

Message 5 of 16
rob022574
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

A line of credit with your paypal account? I thought that was what Bill me later was. Are Connect and BML different?

I believe PayPal Smart Connect links to your existing PayPal debit card. If you did not have one, then I can see them wanting to issue you one.

Message 6 of 16
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@rob022574 wrote:

Ok thanks, its od they asked when I applied if I wanted a custom photo card or a standard card

When you apply, they first consider you for its MasterCard. You are not qualified for their MasterCard, so they approve Smart Connect instead.

Message 7 of 16
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

They send you a flimsy plastic with your name and account number in the shape of a card...i just got mine in the mail. I thot it was a sticker lol
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 8 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@rob022574 wrote:

When you apply, they first consider you for its MasterCard. You are not qualified for their MasterCard, so they approve Smart Connect instead.

Oh ok I see the link now on the master card

https://creditcenter.paypal.com/index.html

so it is kind of like the walmart discover card ie if you dont qualify for one they will check for the other

Message 9 of 16
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

No card, But you can get a paypal debit card and link it to your smart connect account.  If you dont have a paypal debit card, go ahead and request one now.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.