Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit

tag
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

[...] "Going over" really doesn't apply as they never actually tell you your limit (or at least they didn't for me as I just applied to fund a specific purchase - perhaps you do get one disclosed if you just generically apply for PPC without a purchase tied to it, YMMV) - it just automatically adjusts your available credit based on your desired purchase. [...]

It might depend on when you opened* it or whatever, but I've gotten a CL from the get go--$500.00 and when I applied the purchase amount was around $70. When I log into PayPal it also shows my CL as $500. You are definitely right about the part where there's no classic CLI--if you want/need a largel CL, you need to try and go over your current CL and then I guess they reevaluate you and either apply or deny.

*I do think there was definitely a time when it worked like you described it, that they would essentially pull your credit every time you tried to use it and evaluated whether to extend or not on a per purchase basis or at least I recall reading something along those lines a couple of years ago.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.