Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Extras MC CLI declined.

tag
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

PayPal Extras MC CLI declined.

Just tried to get a CLI on my PP Extras MC and was delcined via the automated system. 

It didn't counter me with anything either. Just said I was declined and it would send me something via mail as to why. 

Is there a recon number I can call? It says there should be a "request CLI" somewhere in my paypal options but I don't see that online anywhere.

Pretty bummed about that as I PIF every month and use abour 60% of the CL monthly. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: PayPal Extras MC CLI declined.

@kr3st00 wrote:

Just tried to get a CLI on my PP Extras MC and was delcined via the automated system. 

It didn't counter me with anything either. Just said I was declined and it would send me something via mail as to why. 

Is there a recon number I can call? It says there should be a "request CLI" somewhere in my paypal options but I don't see that online anywhere.

Pretty bummed about that as I PIF every month and use abour 60% of the CL monthly. Smiley Sad

I've had that card since 3/2010 and only got 2 CLI's that they initiated. The one time I asked, I was declined.

The letter I received said : "insufficinet experience at your current credit limit."

Not long afte that letter, I received my second increase initiated by them. It was for 2.5k which used to be huge for GEMB (don't know if it still is). 

Anyway, so now I'm at 6k and have been at 6k for about 2 years. 

Funny thing is, I use my PayPal MC card now much more than I did back then, and they still haven't given me an auto CLI.

It's kinda funny, 2 CLI's in over 4 years...  

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 10
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

@ficonightmare wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

I've had that card since 3/2010 and only got 2 CLI's that they initiated. The one time I asked, I was declined.

The letter I received said : "insufficinet experience at your current credit limit."

Not long afte that letter, I received my second increase initiated by them. It was for 2.5k which used to be huge for GEMB (don't know if it still is). 

Funny thing is, I use my PayPal MC card now much more than I did back then, and they still haven't given me an auto CLI.

It's so weird! I use this card ALL the time and always PIF. I figured they'd love that. But, I guess not. Is there a bacdoor number that you know of for this card?

Maybe another way I can call them for a recon?

I'm bummed for sure. 

Message 3 of 10
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@kr3st00 wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

It's so weird! I use this card ALL the time and always PIF. I figured they'd love that. But, I guess not. Is there a bacdoor number that you know of for this card?

I'm bummed for sure. 

No sorry, I don't know any numbers, and I try to limit my calls to them. the few times i have called, i kept being told i need to contact GEMB not Paypal.. then GEMB would say, call Paypal.. ugh.. 

Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14

Message 4 of 10
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

@ficonightmare wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

@kr3st00 wrote:

I'm bummed for sure. 

No sorry, I don't know any numbers, and I try to limit my calls to them. the few times i have called, i kept being told i need to contact GEMB not Paypal.. then GEMB would say, call Paypal.. ugh.. 

I just tried calling the number I found. Declined again when speaking to a CSR. 

Oh well. Lowest limit of the bunch. womp womp womp. 

Message 5 of 10
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Did they do an HP or soft?

The time I requested mine, it was a soft pull. 

Message 6 of 10
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

My CLI online was instantly declined but showed up on my account about 2 weeks later.  I think maybe if you are borderline the system will just deny you but maybe a real person reviews later.  You can simply call credit solutions if you want to recon.

Message 7 of 10
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

@ficonightmare wrote:

Did they do an HP or soft?

The time I requested mine, it was a soft pull. 

I believe I've read that GE does soft pulls. I'm not 100% sure though.

Message 8 of 10
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

My CLI online was instantly declined but showed up on my account about 2 weeks later.  I think maybe if you are borderline the system will just deny you but maybe a real person reviews later.  You can simply call credit solutions if you want to recon.

I ended up calling and speaking to a CSR and she tried as well and said it was declined again. :\ 

Message 9 of 10
jim44
Established Contributor

I don't know what it is with auto CLI requests but I've never had any luck with them with the exception of FNCC.  And with them I received a letter that told me I was eligible and to call their # or try an CLI online.

I tried with Lowes and had the same thing happen... declined online... use the online chat, again declined... and then called CS and was given a 5k increase within a few minutes.  Same with JCPenney card.

Remember the "olden days" when CLI were automatic and you were informed afterwards via snail mail?  I had 2 BOA cards that started out at 1K CL in the beginning and ended up 18K and 25K CLs. I never once asked for a CLI with them.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.