Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Extras MC

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

PayPal Extras MC

So I have been planning on applying for this card for months now so very important to me. All my cards are reflecting a zero balance, except my largest and oldest (Cap1) - which I left a small balance on - giving me an overall utilization of 8%. Only 2 or 3 innquiries past year! So I run all 3 FICO reports today thinking everything would be reporting accurately and according to plan. TU reported exactly as planned giving me a score of 703. Not great or as high as I had hoped, but good enough to apply for the PayPal Extras MC (I pray).

Unfortunately, BOTH EQ and EX still hadn't been updated from my monthly Barclay card PIF payment on Nov. 20th (statement cut on 24th) and still showing a small $256 balance and a 12% utilization instead of 8% as planned. Hence, a lower 683 EQ score and a 671 EX score. Both of these bureaus are generally a little lower than TU anyways, just not that much lower.

Not sure why both of these bureaus still haven't been updated by Barclays, but maybe the TG holiday had something to do with it. So is this something I need to worry about in applying today for the PayPal Extras MC? I realize PayPal is GE and they generally pull TU. However, does anyone know if the also SP other bureaus as well during the typical application process? Should I wait a few more days and hope they are updated, or will it make a difference in applying today? Would really like to get this behind me!

Thanks ahead of time and sorry for being so long-winded as well. Smiley Happy 

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Startome
Regular Contributor

Re: PayPal Extras MC

You might be able to call Barclay and ask for a mid cycle update =)

anyone else?

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 2 of 36
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'd say there's a 99% probability they will pull TU.  If you want to be absolutely sure, wait for EX and EQ to update, but if it were me I would be confidant enough to go for it today. 

Message 3 of 36
alvon123
Super Contributor

I think you will be fine they only pull from Transunion.

When you are approved, immediatley contact GE Credit Solutions  at 1-877-379-8173.for a credit limit increase

Message 4 of 36
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Hey, THANKS everyone. Well, I went for it. Unfortunately, I received the dredded 7-10 notice. And I thought I was on the right road to recovery. Talk about a punch in the gut. I've had an account with PayPal for over 5 years and usually have a positive small balance of at least $2,500 or $3,000. Current balance $2,750 (not that it would make a difference). This SUCKS! Here's the notice: Smiley Mad

We're Unable to Approve You for the PayPal Extras MasterCard®

Thank you for applying for the PayPal Extras MasterCard®. Unfortunately, we were unable to approve your application at this time. You will receive an email response within 4 days. If we are unable to contact you via email, we will send you a response by mail within 7 to 10 business days. If you don't receive any notification within 30 days, please contact the PayPal Extras MasterCard® at 1-866-300-6432.

Message 5 of 36
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WHAT? Declined with a 703??

I had a paypal mc approve for $2k with a 660... actually want it again!

Message 6 of 36
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Yep. Everyone raves about GE. But for some odd reason they are not very fond of me. I've had my Wally card with a whopping $400 Cl and absolutely no love for an increase. Tried love button several times and called BO. I have $84K income, no lates since 2007 BK, 8% utilization and only 2 TU inquiries the past 2 years (most recent July 2013).

Do I need to change deodorant? Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 36
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Yep. Everyone raves about GE. But for some odd reason they are not very fond of me. I've had my Wally card with a whopping $400 Cl and absolutely no love for an increase. Tried love button several times and called BO. I have $84K income, no lates since 2007 BK, 8% utilization and only 2 TU inquiries the past 2 years (most recent July 2013).

Do I need to change deodorant? Smiley Frustrated

LOL

when is the last time you called credit solutions for your walmart card?

I would try them now and then once they are looking at a fresh report maybe they can tell you why paypal got declined at same time... they can't change it but!

Message 8 of 36
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, I'm really surprised they didn't even offer you Smart Connect especially with a 703.  How many accounts and total limit do you have with GE?

Message 9 of 36
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Maybe 3 months ago. I basically gave up trying. The card just turned 14 months old. I probably charge $700 or $800 a month in groceries, so I have to make multiple payments per month to keep from going over my impressive $400 CL. Never been late. Always PIF. I SUCK!

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.