Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Extras Upgrade

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

PayPal Extras Upgrade

Those who got their upgrade letters in February/March or so....

Have you received your new card yet?

The suspense is building...lol. Plus I wanna call Credit Solutions and get a CLI lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Extras Upgrade

I'm still waiting. I keep checking on my PayPal account to see if the title has changed. But, mine is still Smart Connect. They said May. So who knows. I'm impatient too!😊
Message 2 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

The suspense is building...lol. Plus I wanna call Credit Solutions and get a CLI lol.

Most got in mid march and for sure you can bet it will be 60 days like they said. Nothing on your account is going to change except you will have a mastercard. I already had the debit card so it does not really matter. no suspense at all really. Except how the card looks compared to now. sometimes at the end of may most will get them. This is the same thing they did with the walmart cards.

Message 3 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

Most got in mid march and for sure you can bet it will be 60 days like they said. Nothing on your account is going to change except you will have a mastercard. I already had the debit card so it does not really matter. no suspense at all really. Except how the card looks compared to now. sometimes at the end of may most will get them. This is the same thing they did with the walmart cards.

Same here.  When I had my SmartConnect account I just used my PP Debit Card and used my SC account as my backup funding and carried on.  Everytime I swiped it just moved money from my SC line of credit.  Esentially it was like having a credit card with the exception of the word Debit being on the front. 

Message 4 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

Same here.  When I had my SmartConnect account I just used my PP Debit Card and used my SC account as my backup funding and carried on.  Everytime I swiped it just moved money from my SC line of credit.  Esentially it was like having a credit card with the exception of the word Debit being on the front. 

Exactly. And since mine was a 10k limit. I could care less it said Debit. Smiley Wink But i did get the upgrade option. Patiently waiting for the new card to come in.

Message 5 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The positive of switching to the mastercard is ill finally know my account number. Definitely lost that paper "card" I got with smart connect.
Message 6 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

Anyone receive their new PayPal extras card yet ?
Message 7 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Nope..still waiting. It's probably not going to happen until the end of May. A couple other posts are indicating the same.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 8 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

Ok thanks. That was the last week of March when j got the letter. I think like the 26th or so. I guess they will go the full 60 days.
Message 9 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Paypal-3-16-upgrade-letter/td-p/4593685

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.