Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal In Store Card?

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

PayPal In Store Card?

Anybody using this? I ordered a card the other day, it prompted me to do so when I was checking out for a purchase.

How do you like it? Does it only let you use BML with merchants that have a BML relationship (sometimes I go to check out with paypal and BML isn't an option, but using my checking account or registered cards is). Just tryna figure out will I get to use my BML account for purchases in store or is this just a link to one of my credit cards without carrying the actual card?

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: PayPal In Store Card?

chan euy oun chan yup mane vuy

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 2 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I assumed you were talking about paypal smart connect. Lol.

AFAIK bml is accepted even in places paypal isnt.
Message 3 of 14
chan85
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

No this sems to be something different than the smart connect.... when you search on the paypal website, these are two different products

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 4 of 14
chan85
Established Contributor

@eviLution wrote:
chan euy oun chan yup mane vuy

Ummmm....? lol

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 5 of 14
aplast
Regular Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

No this sems to be something different than the smart connect.... when you search on the paypal website, these are two different products

I have a card that is linked to my Paypal Smart Connect account. I am not sure everywhere you can use the card, but I have used it at home depot. I know there are other retailers that accept paypal as well. It is a shiny silver card that says paypal in blue.

Message 6 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ummm, can we back up and get a few simple response answers... Im so confused with half the posts!

1.  You ordered a PayPal Debit Card (MasterCard Logo) and it's linked to either your PayPal Balance or Smart Connect Credit Line?

2.  Bill Me Later can be used many many places and if you have it will also be available on your PayPal log in.

3.  PayPal MasterCard is also available through GE Bank and is a credit card that will be linked to your paypal account but can be used everywhere MasterCard is accepted.

You have any of these?

What is the quesitons?

Thank you.

Message 7 of 14
chan85
Established Contributor

@aplast wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I have a card that is linked to my Paypal Smart Connect account. I am not sure everywhere you can use the card, but I have used it at home depot. I know there are other retailers that accept paypal as well. It is a shiny silver card that says paypal in blue.

Hmm this sounds like it may be the same card or atleast close to it, but I don;t have a paypal smart connect account....

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 8 of 14
chan85
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ummm, can we back up and get a few simple response answers... Im so confused with half the posts!

1.  You ordered a PayPal Debit Card (MasterCard Logo) and it's linked to either your PayPal Balance or Smart Connect Credit Line?

2.  Bill Me Later can be used many many places and if you have it will also be available on your PayPal log in.

3.  PayPal MasterCard is also available through GE Bank and is a credit card that will be linked to your paypal account but can be used everywhere MasterCard is accepted.

You have any of these?

What is the quesitons?

Thank you.

No to 1 and 3. I am pretty sure this card doesn't have a credit card logo at all.

I have a BML account, which is has no card or anything, I just use it to pay online with different merchants.

A few days ago I was placing an order and used BML and it said "order your in store card". I said yes, and from what I understand, its a card you can swipe and it links to your paypal account and allows you to use that as a form of payment at in person merchants. I am trying to find out what parts of my paypal account it links to for payment- only a checking account, or credit cards, or my BML?

Based off everyone's posts, it appears Paypal has multiple products that do the same thing... weird....

Here is the link to the info page, but it seems very brief...

https://www.paypal-promo.com/anywhere/desktop/

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 9 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

You have any of these?

What is the quesitons?

Thank you.

No to 1 and 3. I am pretty sure this card doesn't have a credit card logo at all.

I have a BML account, which is has no card or anything, I just use it to pay online with different merchants.

A few days ago I was placing an order and used BML and it said "order your in store card". I said yes, and from what I understand, its a card you can swipe and it links to your paypal account and allows you to use that as a form of payment at in person merchants. I am trying to find out what parts of my paypal account it links to for payment- only a checking account, or credit cards, or my BML?

Based off everyone's posts, it appears Paypal has multiple products that do the same thing... weird....

Here is the link to the info page, but it seems very brief...

https://www.paypal-promo.com/anywhere/desktop/

hmm... I clicked it and said sorry not currently set up for business accounts Smiley Sad

im interested in this though, so ill check later when i can get my partner to sign in to his!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.