Reply
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: PayPal Mastercard APP

I doubt it would make for better chance of approval, it would be a HP.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: PayPal Mastercard APP

Exactly, the email is marketing. Just like the 50 Amex emails I get. Cause I'm in their database.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 245
Registered: ‎12-31-2013
0

Re: PayPal Mastercard APP

I see this everytime I log into Paypal.  Now I know that everyone says it's a hard pull, but when I haven't given them my SSN, and the app only asks for last 4...is it really a hard pull? 

 

Is the "app" just a preliminary one to see if you qualify for the MC?  And if you do then you go through the entire "real" application, and if you don't then they possibly offer you the smart connect (or whatever it's called?). 

 

I'm so confused...and sorry to re-hash an older thread but I am in the  process of rebuilding and since Dec 2013 I have gone from 578 to 601 on my score watch score...and was wondering if I should app or try to app for this, but do not want that proverbial hit.

 

Thanks!!

 

 

Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,689
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: PayPal Mastercard APP


Eyisila wrote:

I see this everytime I log into Paypal.  Now I know that everyone says it's a hard pull, but when I haven't given them my SSN, and the app only asks for last 4...is it really a hard pull? 

 

Is the "app" just a preliminary one to see if you qualify for the MC?  And if you do then you go through the entire "real" application, and if you don't then they possibly offer you the smart connect (or whatever it's called?). 

 

I'm so confused...and sorry to re-hash an older thread but I am in the  process of rebuilding and since Dec 2013 I have gone from 578 to 601 on my score watch score...and was wondering if I should app or try to app for this, but do not want that proverbial hit.

 

Thanks!!

 

 


No I would not apply for pp mc with a 601

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
Posts: 245
Registered: ‎12-31-2013
0

Re: PayPal Mastercard APP


Creditaddict wrote:

Eyisila wrote:

I see this everytime I log into Paypal.  Now I know that everyone says it's a hard pull, but when I haven't given them my SSN, and the app only asks for last 4...is it really a hard pull? 

 

Is the "app" just a preliminary one to see if you qualify for the MC?  And if you do then you go through the entire "real" application, and if you don't then they possibly offer you the smart connect (or whatever it's called?). 

 

I'm so confused...and sorry to re-hash an older thread but I am in the  process of rebuilding and since Dec 2013 I have gone from 578 to 601 on my score watch score...and was wondering if I should app or try to app for this, but do not want that proverbial hit.

 

Thanks!!

 

 


No I would not apply for pp mc with a 601


Yea I wasn't going to, I just found it curious that it's a hard pull, but only asks for my last 4. 

 

On another note, would there be a card that  you would suggest?  FYI, I have a few medical baddies on my report, 2 fairly recent pulls, Cap 1 Quicksilver One $500, Secured $300, NFCU goRewards $4000, and a couple of store cards...utilization around 45%.

 

Thanks!!

 

Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,689
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: PayPal Mastercard APP


Eyisila wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Eyisila wrote:

I see this everytime I log into Paypal.  Now I know that everyone says it's a hard pull, but when I haven't given them my SSN, and the app only asks for last 4...is it really a hard pull? 

 

Is the "app" just a preliminary one to see if you qualify for the MC?  And if you do then you go through the entire "real" application, and if you don't then they possibly offer you the smart connect (or whatever it's called?). 

 

I'm so confused...and sorry to re-hash an older thread but I am in the  process of rebuilding and since Dec 2013 I have gone from 578 to 601 on my score watch score...and was wondering if I should app or try to app for this, but do not want that proverbial hit.

 

Thanks!!

 

 


No I would not apply for pp mc with a 601


Yea I wasn't going to, I just found it curious that it's a hard pull, but only asks for my last 4. 

 

On another note, would there be a card that  you would suggest?  FYI, I have a few medical baddies on my report, 2 fairly recent pulls, Cap 1 Quicksilver One $500, Secured $300, NFCU goRewards $4000, and a couple of store cards...utilization around 45%.

 

Thanks!!

 


I don't think you should apply for anything more until you get util down and work on the baddies.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,716
Registered: ‎01-12-2014
0

Re: PayPal Mastercard APP


Creditaddict wrote:

Emdee_MD wrote:

Got another email for the Paypal mastercard App; and was looking at it, and it only asks for the last 4 of SS#. Does that mean that it would be a soft pull? 


You have Amazon and Walmart... PayPal is approved!  How long have you had them though?? need to be requesting CLI if over 4 months.


My new PayPal Extras MC was just links to my PayPal account yesterday.  I was going to go ahead and hit the luv button one time just for kicks to see what happened, but I can't seem to find one anywhere on the PayPal site.  How do you go about requesting a CLI on this card?

       
        
Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,689
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: PayPal Mastercard APP

Call credit solutions
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.