Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Mastercard APP

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: PayPal Mastercard APP

I doubt it would make for better chance of approval, it would be a HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Exactly, the email is marketing. Just like the 50 Amex emails I get. Cause I'm in their database.
Message 12 of 18
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

I see this everytime I log into Paypal.  Now I know that everyone says it's a hard pull, but when I haven't given them my SSN, and the app only asks for last 4...is it really a hard pull? 

Is the "app" just a preliminary one to see if you qualify for the MC?  And if you do then you go through the entire "real" application, and if you don't then they possibly offer you the smart connect (or whatever it's called?). 

I'm so confused...and sorry to re-hash an older thread but I am in the  process of rebuilding and since Dec 2013 I have gone from 578 to 601 on my score watch score...and was wondering if I should app or try to app for this, but do not want that proverbial hit.

Thanks!!

Message 13 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Eyisila wrote:

I see this everytime I log into Paypal.  Now I know that everyone says it's a hard pull, but when I haven't given them my SSN, and the app only asks for last 4...is it really a hard pull? 

Is the "app" just a preliminary one to see if you qualify for the MC?  And if you do then you go through the entire "real" application, and if you don't then they possibly offer you the smart connect (or whatever it's called?). 

I'm so confused...and sorry to re-hash an older thread but I am in the  process of rebuilding and since Dec 2013 I have gone from 578 to 601 on my score watch score...and was wondering if I should app or try to app for this, but do not want that proverbial hit.

Thanks!!

No I would not apply for pp mc with a 601

Message 14 of 18
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Eyisila wrote:

Thanks!!

Yea I wasn't going to, I just found it curious that it's a hard pull, but only asks for my last 4. 

On another note, would there be a card that  you would suggest?  FYI, I have a few medical baddies on my report, 2 fairly recent pulls, Cap 1 Quicksilver One $500, Secured $300, NFCU goRewards $4000, and a couple of store cards...utilization around 45%.

Thanks!!

Message 15 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Eyisila wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Eyisila wrote:

Thanks!!

Yea I wasn't going to, I just found it curious that it's a hard pull, but only asks for my last 4. 

On another note, would there be a card that  you would suggest?  FYI, I have a few medical baddies on my report, 2 fairly recent pulls, Cap 1 Quicksilver One $500, Secured $300, NFCU goRewards $4000, and a couple of store cards...utilization around 45%.

Thanks!!

I don't think you should apply for anything more until you get util down and work on the baddies.

Message 16 of 18
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Emdee_MD wrote:

Got another email for the Paypal mastercard App; and was looking at it, and it only asks for the last 4 of SS#. Does that mean that it would be a soft pull? 

You have Amazon and Walmart... PayPal is approved!  How long have you had them though?? need to be requesting CLI if over 4 months.

My new PayPal Extras MC was just links to my PayPal account yesterday.  I was going to go ahead and hit the luv button one time just for kicks to see what happened, but I can't seem to find one anywhere on the PayPal site.  How do you go about requesting a CLI on this card?

Message 17 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Call credit solutions
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.