Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal SC partial CLI denial - interesting letter from Synchrony

tag
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

PayPal SC partial CLI denial - interesting letter from Synchrony

Last week I did my 4 month CLI on my PayPal SC.   Instead of the requested $5K, they approved me with a CLI of $4K (from $1.5K) and said I would get a letter in the mail...... blah, blah, blah.

Today I get the letter and instead of a credit score and reasons for denial, like I have received in the past, it states the following:

"We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows."

Is there a new policy now that it is "Synchrony" that caps the amount of CLI??

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: PayPal SC partial CLI denial - interesting letter from Synchrony

@DrMac210 wrote:

Last week I did my 4 month CLI on my PayPal SC.   Instead of the requested $5K, they approved me with a CLI of $4K (from $1.5K) and said I would get a letter in the mail...... blah, blah, blah.

Today I get the letter and instead of a credit score and reasons for denial, like I have received in the past, it states the following:

"We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows."

Is there a new policy now that it is "Synchrony" that caps the amount of CLI??

I've gotten that response on my Wal/Discover. CLhas been stuck at $12k since March. 

Message 2 of 4
IWOL
Established Contributor

I got that letter on my Lowes card when it was at $17K. I then waited for 1 more stateent to cut and I called credit solutions and they approved for $25K.

Im not sure what that means but it does not seem to be valid since I was still able to get an increase one month after receiveing that same reason on my letter.

Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@IWOL wrote:

I got that letter on my Lowes card when it was at $17K. I then waited for 1 more stateent to cut and I called credit solutions and they approved for $25K.

Im not sure what that means but it does not seem to be valid since I was still able to get an increase one month after receiveing that same reason on my letter.

I didn't call, just couldn't think of a reason why I'd want more of a CL on that card  ( easier to push a few buttons) Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.