cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Smart Connect - PC To PayPal Extras MasterCard?

tag
IEM
Established Member

PayPal Smart Connect - PC To PayPal Extras MasterCard?

Is it possible to PC from the PayPal Smart Connect to the PayPal Extras MasterCard?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal Smart Connect - PC To PayPal Extras MasterCard?

I don't believe so because when you app, they try to approve you for the MC first and if you don't qualify then they do the smart connect.

So if anything it would probably take another app to do this.   How long have you had the smart connect?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 24
IEM
Established Member

@Rhaeny wrote:

I don't believe so because when you app, they try to approve you for the MC first and if you don't qualify then they do the smart connect.

So if anything it would probably take another app to do this.   How long have you had the smart connect?

4 years.

Thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 24
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@IEM wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

4 years.

Thanks for the info!

Wow...4 years is a long time so you just may be eligible.  But wait around and see if someone else pipes in that may have something different to say because there just may be a possibilty.....I was just speculating Smiley Happy.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 24
john398
Senior Contributor

you can get  the pmc debit card and link that to the smart connect and use the credit line

Message 6 of 24
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

For a Paypal account, you can have only 1 of PayPal MC, PayPal Smart Connect, or Bill Me Later.    And you have to link the card to a Paypal account.   Once you have one of these, they will not accept an application for another, (even if they invite you to apply).

If you apply for Paypal MC and they don't approve for MC, they may give you Smart Connect instead. you can't apply for 1 only.

Some people have multiple Paypal accounts and they could have several of these credit cards. 

I don't remember anyone posting on this forum that they got an upgrade from PPSM to PPMC automatically.   I don't remember any posts of anyone requesting and getting denied either.    

I suggest you call them and simply ask if they will do it.    I would like to know.   My next planned app spree is a year from now, and I plan to ask at that point.  

Message 7 of 24
hammertime
New Contributor

+1 No upgrade path.  It is either one or the other.  I tried earlier with no luck.

Message 8 of 24
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

For a Paypal account, you can have only 1 of PayPal MC, PayPal Smart Connect, or Bill Me Later.    And you have to link the card to a Paypal account.   Once you have one of these, they will not accept an application for another, (even if they invite you to apply).

If you apply for Paypal MC and they don't approve for MC, they may give you Smart Connect instead. you can't apply for 1 only.

Some people have multiple Paypal accounts and they could have several of these credit cards. 

I don't remember anyone posting on this forum that they got an upgrade from PPSM to PPMC automatically.   I don't remember any posts of anyone requesting and getting denied either.    

I suggest you call them and simply ask if they will do it.    I would like to know.   My next planned app spree is a year from now, and I plan to ask at that point.  

This is correct.. 1 - there is no upgrade from PPSC to PPEMC, you will need a Paypal account for each product, so you CAN HAVE BOTH a SC and MC product...Actually you can have all  3 SC, BML and PPEMC you would just need to have 3 Paypal accounts.

I would open a new Paypal account (need a separate email addy) and then apply for the PPMC, you will probably get the notice to call to finish application rather than instant approval, as the OP already has a SC account so they need to maually verify.  

Message 9 of 24
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

You would have to close the Smart Connect acct and reapply.

BUT

Someone on the forum did this only to get approved for another Smart Connect with a lower CL than they had before.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.