Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Smart Connect Upgraded to PayPal Extras Mastercard

tag
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

Re: PayPal Smart Connect Upgraded to PayPal Extras Mastercard

I also received the upgrade letter today.

I have had a PayPal Smart Connect account since 2007. Been stuck at $5k limit for last year or so, but haven't used in for many, many months.

Also noticed an APR decrease from 27% to 20%.

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Is it possible that they might discontinue PayPal Smart Connect and only have the PayPal Extras MC and PayPal Credit? Makes you wonder considering the amount of conversions lately.

Message 12 of 20
lameanda

I've only had mine since January and I too received the letter. When I called to see if I could get a SP increase they said they couldn't at this time though? o.O

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jace8602 wrote:

Is it possible that they might discontinue PayPal Smart Connect and only have the PayPal Extras MC and PayPal Credit? Makes you wonder considering the amount of conversions lately.

This makes some sense to me too..being I just got my letter yesterday for the upgrade and so did my mom...or maybe they are moving that to a new customer credit line wiith lower limits and then moving people to the MC for higher limits

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lameanda wrote:

I've only had mine since January and I too received the letter. When I called to see if I could get a SP increase they said they couldn't at this time though? o.O

Same deal with me too, Sunday I tried for a SP increase and no go, then the later for the upgrade came Monday...just odd...especially seeing as though it looks like they are giving the upgrades CLI increases. a $300 card won't do me any good and will end up SD, at least I use the Smart Connect for small stuff now with my PayPal debit card

Message 15 of 20
lameanda

@tamaralig wrote:

@lameanda wrote:

Same deal with me too, Sunday I tried for a SP increase and no go, then the later for the upgrade came Monday...just odd...especially seeing as though it looks like they are giving the upgrades CLI increases. a $300 card won't do me any good and will end up SD, at least I use the Smart Connect for small stuff now with my PayPal debit card

I'm hoping for a nice fat increase when the card finally arrives. Fingers crossed!

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lameanda wrote:

@tamaralig wrote:

@lameanda wrote:

I'm hoping for a nice fat increase when the card finally arrives. Fingers crossed!

Yes Yes and eyes crossed too lol..It will feel good to add another bankcard with a nice limit with no HP....I'm hoping so of my other store cards hitting a year start getting some upgrade offers.

Message 17 of 20
TandJinTX

I applied for PayPal Extras Mastercard back in February and was declined.  I received the PayPal Smart Connect instead.  CL of $700.  About a week later, I received a letter in the mail that said even though I was declined, I was being upgraded to the PP Extras MC.  Fast forward to last week when the card finally arrived.  CL is $5000!

Message 18 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just received a letter that my smart connect account was being upgraded to the PayPal Extras Mastercard. Said it would take 60 days to receive the card though :/ Sounds good to me.

Xace

Congrats on the upgrade OP

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 19 of 20
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

I know that this thread has been dead a while but I got an email stating that I would be upgraded. So called them and they told me the email was a mistake. Bummer I guess I need to deciede if I want to keep this smart connect or not. I have had the account for a little over a year and no cli or change.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.