Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Smart Connect Upgraded

tag
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: PayPal Smart Connect Upgraded

Wife just sent me a picture of the letter that arrived for me today as well. My concern is that I have an $800 limit on my Smart Connect, and that was just recently upped to $800 from the $300 it sat at for years, and I had to request that bump. With it counting as a new account (and new accounts currently really hurting my AAoA) I will likely turn it down if they don't bring me to at least $2,000.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 121
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:
Wife just sent me a picture of the letter that arrived for me today as well. My concern is that I have an $800 limit on my Smart Connect, and that was just recently upped to $800 from the $300 it sat at for years, and I had to request that bump. With it counting as a new account (and new accounts currently really hurting my AAoA) I will likely turn it down if they don't bring me to at least $2,000.

No, call credit solutions and get a SP CLI. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 32 of 121
sphinx313
Established Contributor

And, I just called the automated number for giggles since I just did it a few months ago and they bumped me from $800 to $2,800 on a request of $3,000. And I haven't used this card in 3 months. Now let's hope they still give me the MasterCard since my util has went up a little and my scores dropped from new accounts. I'll take the free $2,000 util subtraction, either way.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 121
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:

When my Walmart card was upgraded I recieved a CLI. It seemed most are on upgrades.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 34 of 121
OroroMunroe
Contributor

I received my letter today. I've had SC for 1 year. Excting times! 

Message 35 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the same letter today. And here I thought I was special!!
Oh well I'm hoping for a nice CLI anyway.
Message 36 of 121
Tubelo
Established Member

I also received this letter today. I've had the card since 2010 and hold a $3K limit. 

Message 37 of 121
mrs_pretty_brown_eyez_73
Established Member

I just received my upgrade letter as well... super excited because Synchrony has never shown me any luv until now...Smiley Very Happy I've only had mine since Nov 2015

Message 38 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, Hell has officially frozen over for me. I received my upgrade letter today, after reading about everyone else getting them the last couple of days. I figured that it will never happen to me. But, Lo and behold. I only just had my PayPal Connect since Sept 2014. I recently got an auto cli from $300 to $500, after a year and a half of no love and rejection letters, back in December.
I wonder what's up? Too many people are getting these letters in the last couple of days. I wonder if they're getting rid of the Smart Connect program
Message 39 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the letter today as well. So happy to be included and upgraded.

I hope they give a nice credit increase.I am at $900.00 after 100.00 increase a few months ago.

Stated at 800.00 when approved for Smart Connect in Dec 2015.

Good luck everyone! Whoo hoo!

Message 40 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.