Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Smart Connect Upgraded

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal Smart Connect Upgraded

Was this an evelope stuffer you all got with your statements? Or a seperate letter?

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 41 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a separate letter. The envelope is purple and white, and says on the outside "Important information about your PayPal Smart Connect Account". In the inside, it tells about how being such a loyal customer, that they are automatically upgrading the card to a PayPal MC, and will receive it within 60 days. It will have more benefits to it. If you do not want it, then you have to call the provided number. I very much doubt there are few people who would not want it.
Message 42 of 121
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Ah, cool. then I suppose there might be hope yet. Thanks. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 43 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were I on Mars... I would want popcorn.

Message 44 of 121
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Were I on Mars... I would want popcorn.

And Popcorn, there would be. I recommend the butter and red martian salt, you won't regret it. I think the lack of oxygen really brings out the urgency in the flavors. It really leaves you dieing for more. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 45 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the rewards program improved? Or it comes with some special financing terms?

I wouldn't have thought someone with a Citi DC would ever actually use either Paypal card.

Message 46 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, Hell finally froze over again. Is the world about to end? As I said before, my credit limit had been stuck at $300 for a year and a half, with no cli. They auto increased it back in Dec. to $500. After several more unsuccessfully attempts through the automated system (waiting to get my usual rejection that says I suck), I saw someone on this board call customer service directly to get a cli and was approved, since the card was being upgraded. After the automated system said I did not qualify, again. I decided to say representative to see if they could do anything. I got someone from India, of course. But, when I told him about my failed attempts, and the card being upgraded, he said lets see what he could do.

He asked me for the amount I was requesting (which was $3500 to match my WalMart and Amazon cards). He, then asked the usual income. It took less than a minute. Expecting to be rejected, yet again, he says we can only raise it to $2500. I was like.......whaaaat?! They actually approved me for a cli on this account? I was to say the least, super happy. I didn't even expect $50. Then he preceded to tell me about the upgrade, and to expect my card in 60 days. Then he lets slip, expect to receive another cli in that time too. Even though my new limit was effective immediately, don't use my new limit until the upgrade has happened, because I'll be getting more benefits. But, then he couldn't say any more. I would get more info in the upcoming weeks leading up to the upgrade. Needless to say I am on cloud nine. Did the CEO win that Billionaire lottery?
Message 47 of 121
TheBoss
Established Member

I got the same letter today. Was rather surprised. We'll see if they do anything on the CLI front. I've had it since 10/15 and it's been at an $800 limit.

Message 48 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to say that the letter also came with the terms and conditions and disclosures that you usually get with a brand new account.
Message 49 of 121
akabigo
Contributor

Wonder if they are upgrading older accounts that started as Paypal Buyer Credit accounts. No letter yet :-/

Fico scores 800+
Message 50 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.