Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Smart Connect Upgraded

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Smart Connect Upgraded

@coldnmn wrote:

Smiley Surprised I got a letter today my PayPal Smart Connect is being upgraded to PaPal Extras Mastercard! I thought I had a better chance of landing on Mars and opening a popcorn stand. I didn't think it was possible. I have until May 6th to decline the offer. I only have one HP on my credit reports so I may as well take it. I have had it since 8/01/12.

Smiley Very Happy Congrats on your paypal mastercard  popcorn stand!!

Message 71 of 121
texasman07
Established Contributor

I just called CS and asked about the upgrade. He said I was eligible for the upgrade and to wait for a letter in the mail. I have had my card since 2010. Guess everyone is getting the upgrade ?
Message 72 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new here but I just got the same offer today in the mail! They just recently increased my credit line last week so was surprised to see this.
Message 73 of 121
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Aaaaaaaand still no letter here. Smiley Sad

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 74 of 121
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Got the offer too, had my account since 07, SL was around 1k and now 5500 from all auto cli... torn weather to accept as it would be a new account but I guess it is worth it, I rarely use the account, a few times a year to keep it open or if they offer a promo rate. I didn't realize this was a SP eligible cli card.. what's the number? 5500 is one of my lower limits so might as well try to pump it up before they issue..
Message 75 of 121
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Got the offer too, had my account since 07, SL was around 1k and now 5500 from all auto cli... torn weather to accept as it would be a new account but I guess it is worth it, I rarely use the account, a few times a year to keep it open or if they offer a promo rate. I didn't realize this was a SP eligible cli card.. what's the number? 5500 is one of my lower limits so might as well try to pump it up before they issue..

1-877-379-8173 Ask for 25K

Updated 1-25-18
Message 76 of 121
dcastillo68
Regular Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Smiley Surprised I got a letter today my PayPal Smart Connect is being upgraded to PaPal Extras Mastercard! I thought I had a better chance of landing on Mars and opening a popcorn stand. I didn't think it was possible. I have until May 6th to decline the offer. I only have one HP on my credit reports so I may as well take it. I have had it since 8/01/12.

They must be upgrading everyone and possibly doing away with Paypal Smart Connect.  I opened my account in July and my account is still stuck at $300 and I received the letter today.  Just 2 days ago I called the automated number to try for a credit increase and was denied.  There was no mention in the letter if this would mean that there will be a credit increase with the upgrade.  I won't hold my breath.

Starting Score 7/15/15 EQ 562 | TU 557 | EXP 556 Current Score EQ 601 | TU 622 | EXP 632
Message 77 of 121
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Haha OK.. requested 25k approved for 25k.. that will be a nice Mastercard to have.. hope they run some promo rates so I actually use it... now if sync would raise my care credit and car care with SP
Message 78 of 121
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Haha OK.. requested 25k approved for 25k.. that will be a nice Mastercard to have.. hope they run some promo rates so I actually use it... now if sync would raise my care credit and car care with SP

Call and request it. Sounds like your TU score is high enough to warrant it. If you asked for 25k and got it, you probably could have gone for 35k.

Updated 1-25-18
Message 79 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

care credit is a HP not a SP
Message 80 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.