PayPal Smart Connect Upgraded

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: PayPal Smart Connect Upgraded

@Anonymous wrote:
care credit is a HP not a SP

That is good to know. Glad I don't have one now lol

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 81 of 121
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

awesome!! congrats to you
Message 82 of 121
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Haha OK.. requested 25k approved for 25k.. that will be a nice Mastercard to have.. hope they run some promo rates so I actually use it... now if sync would raise my care credit and car care with SP

If you are referring to promotional financing (6, 12, 18+) or 0% BT offers, they do not run any of those "promo rates" on the PayPal Extras MC. 

Message 83 of 121
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

So does anyone recall if the smart connect has even ran any promo financing lately? I don't know if I would ever use the MC with a 20% rate, whereas smart connect was useful for large Internet purchases using promo financing in the past... I don't thinknow I've even done that in the last year eithere tho...
Message 84 of 121
akabigo
Contributor

Finally got the letter yesterday and after reading through the info and what i've read on here, i've decided to opt out since it seems that it would be a new account. I'm already in the middle of the Costco Amex fiasco and I am sure that I will get a new card there, one way or another. I also don't need another MC but even less one that has crappy rewards and a silly interest rate. I never pay interest anymore but who know's what the future holds. My smart connect works just fine for my needs. Unless new info shows up that it will not be a new account, I see no reason to "upgrade". And yes, I am ANTI new account unless it's totally worth it; for me, this is not.

Good Luck everyone

Fico scores 800+
Message 85 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am debating this as well. Had my SC account for 10years, applied when they began offering it. Started out at $200 and saw little love (few hundred in CLI over the years) until about a year ago when the CLI was auto'd to 8k..I dont really use it much, just for ebay promos. Got the upgrade letter a couple of weeks ago and wasnt sure what to make of it. 

Kind of worried about leaving that great record and account age behind. 

Message 86 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IaBoy62 wrote:

Congratulations! I must have landed on Mars as well because I just got the same letter today!!!! My TU FICO is only 663 so I am a little worried about the asterik that says I will be upgraded unless they decide I no longer meet their credit criteria!! My limit is $4000.....started at $500 three years ago.

ANYONE else get this letter??

I received the letter too! I am a little nervous myself :/

Message 87 of 121
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

I called and got my SC account up to $10,000 and then I called to decline the upgrade.... I want the history! 

Message 88 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope I get an Upgrade. I have the Paypal Smart Connect as well. Will keep my fingers crossed.

Congrats!!!!

Message 89 of 121
althes
Frequent Contributor

I got an upgrade just called the Extras MC number.

Message 90 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.