Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Smart Connect card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Smart Connect card

Can someone please let me know how this card works? I thought I read somewhere that if it is linked to your PayPal account you can't use it everywhere that PayPal is accepted, only if it says Smart Connect. I also thought I read that if you have a PayPal debit card to use money from your PayPal account you can use money from this Smart Connect. Thanks in advance for any info. The PayPal website does not give you much info.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal Smart Connect card

I have the smart connect, and you can use it online for any business that accepts PayPal. As for the debit, I don't have one, so maybe someone else can answer that.
Message 2 of 5
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Yes, you can use the debit card with Smart Connect, and you can use Smart Connect anywhere online that takes Paypal.

Set Smart Connect as your preferred payment method for both.

Also,, I would suggest turning off the "Pay After Delivery" option,  if they have it in your Paypal account. It was automatically added to mine and set as my preferred method, nearly messed me up a few times until I turned it off.

Message 3 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

When I had my Smart Connect account I just attached that line of credit to the business debit card and swiped it like I would any regular credit card.  Be sure to link your debit card to your line of credit so it pulls fund from there rather than an attached bank account (if you have one linked to your account).  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep as the two members before me said...Get the PayPal Debit card, link the Smart Connect as your preferred payment method..then anytime you the debit card it charges it from the Smart Connect Balance..that in itself extends the use of the Smart Connect account outside of just anywhere that accepts PayPal and makes it an effective credit line and the debit card gets cash back.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.