Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal cc with no ss..how's it work

tag
remarc
Regular Contributor

PayPal cc with no ss..how's it work

I was looking through my PayPal account & it asked if I wanted to apply for a credit card with them.

I thought I would be noisy & see whats up

When I went to apply it just asked for my last 4 of my social security number?
How does this work. I've never put my social into PayPal & how can they run a credit check without you entering you'r full social number?

If they did have my social number how did they get it?

I even went back into my account to verify PayPal didn't have my number.

I'm confused. Anyone??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: PayPal cc with no ss..how's it work

I guess it's kind of like BillMeLater...With them you only enter in last 4 of your ssn and dob and then if your elgible it approves you and applies charge to your billmelater account which is kind of like a hidden acct bc it doesn't show on your credit report.. Smiley Very Happy

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@remarc wrote:
I was looking through my PayPal account & it asked if I wanted to apply for a credit card with them.

I thought I would be noisy & see whats up

When I went to apply it just asked for my last 4 of my social security number?
How does this work. I've never put my social into PayPal & how can they run a credit check without you entering you'r full social number?

If they did have my social number how did they get it?

I even went back into my account to verify PayPal didn't have my number.

I'm confused. Anyone??

It is a HP, I think they may be able to access with all the info and the last 4 of ss.

Bill Me Later I think does the last 4 digits a lot and some WFFNB like Express do if you get Pre-Approval.

I have had a car dealer pull credit with simply my name and address! I was not happy!

I love my PayPal MC though outside of not being able to get a CLI currently!

The rewards are actually up with some of what others call the "go to card" like Freedom... 3% Gas, 2% Restaurants, 1 % all others... oh and 2% on PayPal Purchases I believe. but that would be on MasterCard, not sure what you get if you end up with the stanbdard PayPal online card, forget name.

Message 3 of 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

A social security number is not needed to obtain someones credit report. It is just usually the most accurate way of obtaining it. Most credit card companies do not ask for the social security number of an authorised user but it will still show on their reports.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.