Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal extras mastercard

tag
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

PayPal extras mastercard

Anyone else have this card?

I've noticed they take way too long to report balances to the cb's and they are also a little slow about accepting payments.
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PayPal extras mastercard

Yes! I have this card and it takes just about forever for them to post a payment. On average, about 4 to 5 business days to reflect in my account. I may have not chosen to app for this card if I had known it was going to that long. My Cap 1 is very very quick to post the payment and am Amex BCE is faster than the PP MC.
Message 2 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

When it came down to trimming my lineup about a year ago, that is exactly the issue that made it easier for me to do it.

Posting payments for some reason are painfully slow with them and in turn affects CRA Reporting IMO.

Shame too, i really did like this card etc but am serious when it comes to payments posting within reason.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Moly, CreditMagic.... you just hit the nail square on the head for how I feel about credit reporting. I do not like to post balances and with how much I have been actually using the PPMC for the rewards (they really work for me and my spend) my balance was pretty high, so I paid it and it pended for 5 business days. This was not even my 1st payment to them and my bank account has been on file since 2007 with PayPal in general. There is no reason to not post my payment in some sort of timely fashion. So now I know to stop using my card for at least 7 to 10 days before the statement cut date. And I will state again, I would not have append for this card if I would have known it was this much of a pain, and it wasn't just me... other have the same problem.
Message 4 of 9
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

I paid my balance in full on feb 10. Didn't get credited to account until feb 27. As of today, still showing on reports with high balance.

Crazy.
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 5 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Holy Moly, CreditMagic.... you just hit the nail square on the head for how I feel about credit reporting. I do not like to post balances and with how much I have been actually using the PPMC for the rewards (they really work for me and my spend) my balance was pretty high, so I paid it and it pended for 5 business days. This was not even my 1st payment to them and my bank account has been on file since 2007 with PayPal in general. There is no reason to not post my payment in some sort of timely fashion. So now I know to stop using my card for at least 7 to 10 days before the statement cut date. And I will state again, I would not have append for this card if I would have known it was this much of a pain, and it wasn't just me... other have the same problem.

Comenity for me offers another somewhat similar wrinkle i take offense at but have to walk the line regardless.

Often times i find that you have to leave a balance report and then PIF and on a couple of occasions, even recently, the reporting wasn't done until 2 weeks later.

Bugs the pee out of me since i prefer to use the cards regularly but seem to always bump up against that issue if no usage for a month or two and takes time to get it caught up again so that a zero balance actually posts a zero balance to the CRA's.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

also really not a fan of their payment system. I paid my bill in full the day before the due date, and a message popped up saying that although my payment was on time, but that I would be automatically assessed a late fee which they would remove. **bleep**? why not just fix their system so that doesn't happen? they did automatically remove the $25 late fee, but it sat there for several days. very disconcerting.

Message 7 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Paypal MC has to have one of the weirdest interfaces that interacted with PayPal which drove me crazy!  Probably part of the reason I closed that card among other things, but wasn't your typical Sync generic interface, etc.  Weird not having any Sync cards anymore.... Or comenity either for that matter other than PAyPal Credit which I still love.

Message 8 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Paypal MC has to have one of the weirdest interfaces that interacted with PayPal which drove me crazy!  Probably part of the reason I closed that card among other things, but wasn't your typical Sync generic interface, etc.  Weird not having any Sync cards anymore.... Or comenity either for that matter other than PAyPal Credit which I still love.

Never got used to that interface here either and it was frustrating tracking every single day where a payment might "finally" show up after sometimes much longer than 5-7 business days.

Like i mentioned earlier i DID like the card and it was useful but not enough to risk taking chances the way they delayed posting payments.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.