Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal smart connect AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal smart connect AA

So I'm getting around to paying down my balances. I've carried theirs at over 90% for a long time (about a year) - yes, i know its terribe (this learning about credit has been a huge, hard learning curve). I made a large payment and they decreased my balance from $900 to $720. First thing tomorrow I'm going to call and figure out exactly why. I opened 2 accounts this month - one VS and one QS1 both small limits. I have a feeling that it's due to the 5 HP on my EX report......
Hopefully they won't lower it anymore or close it once I get it PIF. Luckily this isn't a major account that is used daily or even intended to once PIF.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PayPal smart connect AA

Sounds like they are possibly balance chasing you.. Being as you pay it down they will continue to lower your CL.

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Even if HP's are cited it's a matter of other factors in your credit profile.  90% for a year and credit seeking activity (the small limits indicate that CO has concerns about your credit as well) make the balance chasing not a surprise IMO.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. Got it. Oh well....sounds like my efforts to pay down the cards was a little too late. Now it seems I will be paying for my actions in more than one way. Lesson learned the hard way (yet again). I'm sure over time me and my score will rebound from this. All the CS guy could say was that I will get a letter in 7-10 days as to exactly why it happened. Thank you for replying

Message 4 of 5
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't worry about it. You're on the right track.
Keep paying things down like you originally planned.
This will only be a hiccup and will not get you I. The long run.
Paying things down is the golden thing to do.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.