cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paydown credit card most effectively

tag
Dunkster

Paydown credit card most effectively

I have $11K in credit card balance about 65% utilization. Most recently got the cash to pay them all off or down. Questons

1:What is the best way to paydown to get the most bang up on my credit scores. Pay all at once, spread it out over the next 60 days.

2: I also heard I should leave about 0 - 10% utilization for the best credit score rather than zero balances.

3: How much do you think my FICO will go up (I know just a guess)

Any advise out there??

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Paydown credit card most effectively

@Dunkster wrote:

I have $11K in credit card balance about 65% utilization. Most recently got the cash to pay them all off or down. Questons

1:What is the best way to paydown to get the most bang up on my credit scores. Pay all at once, spread it out over the next 60 days.

2: I also heard I should leave about 0 - 10% utilization for the best credit score rather than zero balances.

3: How much do you think my FICO will go up (I know just a guess)

Any advise out there??

There's no best way to pay down credit card debt but to simply just pay it down.  Whether you pay it all at once or throughout several months you'd still get the same amount in score increases.  The only difference in paying down the debt over a period of several months is that you might get score increase for matured accounts. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.