Did you mean: 

Payed off CCards, testing simulator

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Payed off CCards, testing simulator

@C-XRS2005 wrote:
Great, hope mine doesn't.  I left like $20 on two of the 4 cards

just make sure less than 1/2 of your total accounts including loans and mortgage report on your report.

i.e. you have 7 ccs, 2 loans, and 1 mortgage

only let 4 accounts report a balance. Since the loans and mortgage will definitely report a balance, only allow 1 cc to report a balance and let that balance be between 1-9% util.

This will maximize your fico pts, if this is what you are trying to do.

Message 11 of 20
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

I have mortgage bal of 145,000

Car loan bal of 9600

Amex $00 bal $4700 limit

WAMU $21 bal $1300 limit

CITI $145 bal $2500 limit

Chase $00 bal $3000 limit

That is all that is on my current report....can I do anything else to maximize my score?  When it updates I am hoping for at least a 30 pt jump

Message 12 of 20
oracles
Valued Contributor

@C-XRS2005 wrote:

I have mortgage bal of 145,000

Car loan bal of 9600

Amex $00 bal $4700 limit

WAMU $21 bal $1300 limit

CITI $145 bal $2500 limit

Chase $00 bal $3000 limit

That is all that is on my current report....can I do anything else to maximize my score?  When it updates I am hoping for at least a 30 pt jump

I would allow only one credit card to report a balance and let it be between 1-9% of util
Message 13 of 20
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

I will pay off the WAMU then....thanks for the response.
Message 14 of 20
oracles
Valued Contributor

No problem, keep us updated on the score jump and BTW, welcome to the forums
Message Edited by oracles on 01-27-2009 10:33 AM
Message 15 of 20
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

Still waiting for my score to update.  I pulled TU and EX and they are showing all the cards except the AMEX as paid off. The AMEX is showing $4700 limit and $4590 bal which is now zero so I am still hoping for a big jump in score.  Apparently AMEX lowered my limit which was 5400.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex usually reports one month late, so I guess you will have to be patient. Let's hope they don't do anything stupid.
Message 17 of 20
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

Ok, this is getting on my nerves.  My wife and I both have the same accts on our credit reports.  I signed her up for scorewatch too and her score has updated twice in Feb and mine is still the same since Jan 16.  What is up?
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, this is getting on my nerves.  My wife and I both have the same accts on our credit reports.  I signed her up for scorewatch too and her score has updated twice in Feb and mine is still the same since Jan 16.  What is up?

Have you done in the past couple weeks that would positivley impact your score?  I see you paid off several CC's, Did you see a gain from that? 

I've had only two score changes since Jan 1st, One was a 3-pt drop due to 'seeking new credit',

On Feb 1st, I gained 4-pts due to my 'seeking new credit' not hurting me as much, go figure,

I have are similar to yours, no derog's, one mortgage, one car loan, one CC with a 6-k balance, I've been watching my SW score since October and other than waiting patiently, and NOT app'ing for new credit, right now all I can do is wait for AAoA to increase my scores, the only open TL's,

I had quite a bit of activity late last summer and fall, and my EQ and EX scores have stayed steady since September after paying off a ton of debt,  I dunno what happened with TU scoring but my TU score went up 33-pts (to a healthy 778) when I checked it and EX on Feb 12th, My EX was 737,

On the flip side, DW scores are all lower 800's, she 'only' has three CC's (no balances),  the mortgage and a  paid off car loan with Chrysler Financial (last payment, July 2006) showing on her CR's so her 800 was acheived with me doing most of the heavy (financial) lifting, The car loan was in her name, but I made the payments,

Message 19 of 20
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

I had 74% UTL and now 2% but AMEX has not updated I don't think cause my score hasn't changed since I pulled it back in mid Jan.  My wifes went from the original pull 2/6/09 of 743 to 692 (opened a new acct but only in her name) on 2/14 and just updated again to 710 on 2/19.  It said she paid down cc balances so I am assuming it was the AMEX finally showing up but then why is my score not updated....

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.