Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Amazon or walmart before statement

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Paying Amazon or walmart before statement

My Amazon account says amount due 0, due date 10/19. And it shows a purchase along with the new balance. Can I make a payment or do you have to wait for a statement? 

When asking for a cli is it best to have 4  monthly payments reporting before asking  or ask after account has been open 4 months? If I can't make a payment now it will set me back a month because this payment is due 10/19 and the next one will be due 11/19.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Paying Amazon or walmart before statement

You can always pay for posted transactions before a due date. It sounds like one of two things is happening.

Either:
Your statement cut around Sept. 23 and you didn't make a purchase between the previous statement and the 23rd

Or
You already made the minimum payment this month.

Either way, if you make a purchase today, you will be able to pay it off the minute it posts to your account with no harm done. That's one way to "pay in full" and avoid interest charges. Of course, you can also wait until the end of the grace period and do the same thing. So go ahead and make a payment if you wish.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 6
apandabear
Regular Contributor

@ShiningDown wrote:

My Amazon account says amount due 0, due date 10/19. And it shows a purchase along with the new balance. Can I make a payment or do you have to wait for a statement? 

When asking for a cli is it best to have 4  monthly payments reporting before asking  or ask after account has been open 4 months? If I can't make a payment now it will set me back a month because this payment is due 10/19 and the next one will be due 11/19.  

On CLIs: You can ask every 4 months. 

It doesn't go by slower or faster based on your payments. If it's been 3 months and you made 4 payments, you need to wait one more month. If it's been 4 months and you've made 3 payments, that's alright. 

You can make a payment now. I don't know what the interface is like, but if there isn't an option on the card's website, try to push one from your bank account's bill pay feature.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 3 of 6
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

My first due date is 10/17 on my bill, but I bought my TV in september. Ive been forcing payments through every two weeks and have had no issue. Just use your online bill pay. Its fast and you can pay what you want when you want. I pay all of my credit cards that way and I pay them every two weeks, this makes sure I never have a late payment and also shows that I have use for these cards when I need a CLI in the future.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 4 of 6
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

ive never paid through their site. but i push payments from my online banking. (as many as i want)

my balance always says 0 due since i pif before the statement even closes. 

they dont say due until statement cuts the next month. 

edit: as for cli. i believe its account open date not payments. ive had my walmart card since 7/28/12 and made no purchases until 9/12 pif 9/25. and got almost a 4* cli from 800 to 3k. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 6
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I went ahead and made a payment on both accounts.

The reason why I asked is because I thought I read about someone not being allowed to make a payment with Amazon before the statement cuts so I thought I would play it safe and double check. Thanks for all your replies.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.