Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying CC's by mail?

tag
Desmoire
Regular Contributor

Paying CC's by mail?

I sent checks to a couple of my CC companies on Tuesday via the local postal office to pay them off. Has anyone sent payments by mail and if so, how long it generally takes to reflect on your CC account?

I live in Omaha, NE and the 3 locations I sent them were IL (Chase) PA (Barclay) and NC (Cap1)

Thanks!

myFICO Scores EQ 778 TU 783 EX 772 | Mortgage 106774.00 | Auto Loan 15251.00 | AMEX BCE 0/25500 | Lowes 0/6300 | Barclay Rewards 0/5000 | NASA FCU 0/5000 | FNBO 0/4400 | Amazon 0/4000 | FNBO Employee 283/2900 | NFM 0/2600 | Chase Freedom 0/2500 | Best Buy 0/2300 | Cap One 0/2250 | FNBO 0/1100 | NASA FCU Rewards 0/1000 | Quicksilver 0/750 | Younkers 0/500 TOTAL: 283/74,450 0.003% UTIL
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying CC's by mail?

@Desmoire wrote:

I sent checks to a couple of my CC companies on Tuesday via the local postal office to pay them off. Has anyone sent payments by mail and if so, how long it generally takes to reflect on your CC account?

I live in Omaha, NE and the 3 locations I sent them were IL (Chase) PA (Barclay) and NC (Cap1)

Thanks!

There are a few people that do that but I have to ask, why?

Message 2 of 44
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Easiest way is to either have a CC pull your Checking/Saving info or push it by bill-pay type service...Checks through mail are so 90's.. Yes there are people that still pay that way though, just leaves more room for error imo.

Not that you asked, I just put my Account/Routing info in the credit card companies website and let them pull gets taken out that night and available next day..

Message 3 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even remember the last time I got a paper statement.

Message 4 of 44
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

I was surprised to get one today!  I had moved an Amex account from a combined login to a separate one, and apparently that lost the paperless selection (while retaining all payment accounts etc)

Message 5 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

I was surprised to get one today!  I had moved an Amex account from a combined login to a separate one, and apparently that lost the paperless selection (while retaining all payment accounts etc)

Only one I still get is from NASA.  They apparently like to waste paper.

Message 6 of 44
Pway
Valued Contributor

I would give it until next Wednesday, Monday is the holiday.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 44
northface28
Established Contributor

Let me ask my grandparents, ill report back. Smiley Very Happy

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 8 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MstrPTato wrote:

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  I get paper statements on every account.  But I never mail a payment back; I have everything set up to automatically pull the statement balance on the due date from my primary checking account.  If I decide to prepay before the statement cuts, then I push from my Discover checking.

Chris.

Message 9 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  I get paper statements on every account.  But I never mail a payment back; I have everything set up to automatically pull the statement balance on the due date from my primary checking account.  If I decide to prepay before the statement cuts, then I push from my Discover checking.

Chris.

Don't you like trees?

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.