Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying CitiCard

tag
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Paying CitiCard

Hi All,

Quick question. I am expecting my Executive AAdvantage World Elite MC any day now. I do not have any other Citi cards or accounts. Does anyone know if once I set the card up online if I can make payments to the card online from another bank or does it have to be an account at Citibank. I like to make frequent payments throughout the months (have to as I can easily put 20-25K a month on this card). Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying CitiCard

@flyingmd wrote:

Hi All,

Quick question. I am expecting my Executive AAdvantage World Elite MC any day now. I do not have any other Citi cards or accounts. Does anyone know if once I set the card up online if I can make payments to the card online from another bank or does it have to be an account at Citibank. I like to make frequent payments throughout the months (have to as I can easily put 20-25K a month on this card). Thanks

Yes, you can pay from any bank acct.

Method 1.  Pay through your Elite MC acct by register/set-up your bank act information with Cit.

Method 2.  Pay through your bank online acct by register/set-up your Elite MC acct information.

Message 2 of 10
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Method 2 I figured but it takes a couple days to post sometimes. Method 1 is what I was interested in as that will post at midnight and reflect credit available next day. THANK YOU

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome ~   In either method, you make sure to have enough balance in your bank acct.

Yes, by Method 1.  it takes few days to deliver the payment to your cc's acct and pay out from your bank acct immediately

by Method 2.  it reflect to your Elite MC acct immediately and pay out from your bank acct in few days later.

Message 4 of 10
Credit_Ranger
Valued Member

You can pay Citi via any checking account from any bank, once you set up the account.

The FIRST payment takes a little while to post.  I seem to remember about a week.  After that payments seem to post in 24 to 48 hours.

Message 5 of 10
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Great. Thank you
Message 6 of 10
sgs10
Regular Contributor

You can pay with any bank account and add happens in seconds. Welcome to citi and it will grow with u

Message 7 of 10
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I have my Credit Union bank account set up as the payment source for my Citi Plat Select MC account. If I pay my CC before 5PM eastern time, my available credit will update before midnight the same day and the money will be withdrawn (not including weekends and holidays) from by CU account the next day before noon eastern. Chase is just as quick. PenFed is slow, 3-4 days.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 8 of 10
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Guys/Gals thanks so much. Thats how BoA and chase work so I was hoping the same for citi. I am really looking forward and excited for this card. I had a smithbarney citicard years ago but really have had no direct relationship with citi so I am really looking forward. And of course i wouldnt even have gotten it if it werent for this board. I reported on anohter thread here that after a denial for too many inquiers I called the backdoor and 3 mins later had the card. I would have just let the denial go and reapplied down the road if it werent for you guys. THANKS

Message 9 of 10
tbolt2
Contributor

Two things you may need to watch for: 

• the number of payments they will allow you make per month. I don't have the same card, but Citi will not allow me to make more than four payments per statement period  on my Dividend Platinum MC. I typically pay each week, so this is only an issue when there are 5 paydays between statement dates. If you use the card heavily, you might have issues if you get close to the limit and can't  make a 5th payment before the statement cuts.
  • on both cards I have with Citi, I could not make an online payment until the first statement generated

I have not had any issues paying them online - the payment has been posted and the additional credit has always been available the next day.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.