Did you mean: 

Paying Month Car Payments with Credit Card

tag
blondy250
Established Contributor

Re: Paying Month Car Payments with Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think there is a lot of inconsistency across different industries about accepting credit card payments. I have wished for a long time that insurance companies would allow you to pay with a credit card, and some do, some do not. For example, I can pay my car insurance using a credit card, but cannot do so with my life insurance or my husband's or daughter's life insurance. I do have different companies for auto and life insurance.

Some apartments and mortgage companies allow peole to pay with a credit card; others don't. So I would imagine somethng similar is true with auto financing.

Geico is one company that lets you pay your auto premiums with CC, but oddly only if you schedule the payment manually each time. You can't do auto pay via CC.

I have yet to find a service worth using that allows payment of my auto loans via CC. As mentioned before, the fees simply eat up any possible rewards you might get out of it. The only scenario I can see this being worthwhile is if someone was just too cash poor at that moment to make their payment.

Huh? I've been doing auto pay with GEICO with my CSP for years.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 21 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It only makes sense when you are right at the cusp of meeting a spend requirement.  But remember that car payment was supposed to be in your budget all along pretty much any purchasing swipe should be in your budget.  I ain't gonna preach,  most if not all of us are here because we weren't doing what we're supposed to one time or another. 

And the title of the thread looks scary it says month payments. Not once.  that is why I posted

I don't get this!  OP was simply asking, basically, can I get CC rewards on my car payments?   And so you would want to do it every month if the answer was yes/

And sure, if you restrict to fee-based services that charge more than the rewards, you don't want to do it except when meeting spend, but that's not the only choice, as Irish mentioned.

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think there is a lot of inconsistency across different industries about accepting credit card payments. I have wished for a long time that insurance companies would allow you to pay with a credit card, and some do, some do not. For example, I can pay my car insurance using a credit card, but cannot do so with my life insurance or my husband's or daughter's life insurance. I do have different companies for auto and life insurance.

Some apartments and mortgage companies allow peole to pay with a credit card; others don't. So I would imagine somethng similar is true with auto financing.

Mine does. $700/mo total, no fees. I use it to meet a CC bonus every so often.

Message 23 of 39
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

My credit union lets me pay the auto loan with credit card but only with Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. No credit card fees either, which is nice.

Message 24 of 39
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

My rental office and my auto loan let me pay with my credit card with no fees.  I use my Discover card and get back alomost $60.00 a month with just these two charges every month.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 25 of 39
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Geico is one company that lets you pay your auto premiums with CC, but oddly only if you schedule the payment manually each time. You can't do auto pay via CC.

I have yet to find a service worth using that allows payment of my auto loans via CC. As mentioned before, the fees simply eat up any possible rewards you might get out of it. The only scenario I can see this being worthwhile is if someone was just too cash poor at that moment to make their payment.

I have Geico and it charges to my CC automatically every month. Try going through the app and set up the auto pay feature. You'll love it

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 26 of 39
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@TitaniumCash wrote:

My credit union lets me pay the auto loan with credit card but only with Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. No credit card fees either, which is nice.

Which credit union is this? Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 39
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@CostantinoA wrote:

My rental office and my auto loan let me pay with my credit card with no fees.  I use my Discover card and get back alomost $60.00 a month with just these two charges every month.

Who do you have your auto loan with? Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 39
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are several services out there that are perfectly legit, easy to use and do not charge you any fees that offer bill pay options and do not charge fees.  I'd suggest you look into American Express Bluebird, Serve and Redbird options.

I was under the impression that those services are no longer in existance to pay for mortgage and such?

They are still in existence and offer bill pay services.  

Serve and Redbird instituted some changes that make them slightly harder to use (and slightly more costly in the case of Redbird) but all three support full bill pay to anyone, mortgage, car payments, and gifts to LongTimerLurker included

Which one would you recommend? Serve, Bluebird, or Redbird.

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now with Geico, as of last night, and paid for 6 months instead of monthly but every option was available. Visa/MC/Discover/Amex. Would love it if Chase allowed credit card payments for my Mazda but research tells me thats a no. Smiley Very Happy Cant have everything.
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.