Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Rent - Plastiq - Amex

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying Rent - Plastiq - Amex

@Anonymous wrote:

Should a person be paying their mortgage with Plastiq?  Guess it would be appropriate if hitting min spend was urgent and worth the surcharge. I have done that with property taxes (paid a charge to hit the bonus)

Just wanted to get it over with for small fee for the 100k mr's.  Sure you can pay lease/rent/mortgage with it.. They just like companies more than individuals..  I have the lease in writting and sent it to them so hopefully they don't think I am having him cash this and then putting it into my bank account to meet spend bonus.. Granted I would of met the spend easily in time for the 100k mr's for the platinum, just wanted it out of the way the first month i had the card for a small fee as the bonus is HUGE...  then go back to my normal cards for eating out such as CSP, etc..

Message 11 of 54
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Update - Resolved issue - Payment accepted and check is being mailed.

Well that went smoother than I thought after providing them with the lease agreement.. They released the hold and hopefully the funds will be mailed to my landlord tomorrow and hopefully I don't have an issue if I choose to use this service in the future to pay rent if I ever need to meet spend bonus...  Most recent reply once I provided documentation..  So spend has been met in less than a month.. Can't wait to see those 100k MR's in my account when statement cuts Smiley Tongue.

Hi CreditCuriousity,

Thank you for providing us with that information. After further review, our risk team has approved and resumed your transaction which will arrive as planned. We apologize for any undue concern this may have caused. This is part of a standard procedure in order to ensure Plastiq remains a safe place for customers to make their most important payments. We sincerely value having you as a customer and hope that you continue to use Plastiq in the future. Please feel free to contact me for any future inquiries.

Sincerely,

Account Rep \ Account Services
Message 12 of 54
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Update - Resolved issue - Payment accepted and check is being mailed.

So what is 100k  bonus points worth? 

Message 13 of 54
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Saleen099 wrote:

So what is 100k  bonus points worth? 

2-3.5 cpp(possibly more?) for flights.. So basically 2k-3500 in Airfare travel.. Worth the small 37.50$ fee to me Smiley Happy..  

Although alot of other benefits with the card, although they could be better.. This has nothing to do with meeting spend bonus though.  It won't be a daily spender card by any means for me now that I met the bonus.

Message 14 of 54
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice!!!!!!! That's  definitely a no-brainer. Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 54
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

And the fun begins.. Didn't take long lol to get flagged.. I just sent them the lease agreement after getting the below email.  Really why do they have to make this so hard, do they not want to remain in business?  I knew this was coming, but this is just silly as I was pro-active and got a response earlier saying they didn't need anything at the moment and sure enough recieved this email not to long ago..  So ya it is a pain to deal with them, I can't imagine them being around to long if they do this to most people.  Will be very upset if they hold this more than a day or two, we shall see.. As stated I expected this after reading other peoples nightmares with few initial successes.

Hi xxx,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to you regarding your recent payment with Plastiq to John Doe (ID 123456). I wanted to let you know your payment has been put on hold because we do not allow payments to other people unless they are directly providing you with goods or services. As an example, we are unable to support payments that are to reimburse someone else for an expense they incurred on your behalf.

If this payment is to your landlord or property manager, please send over a copy of an rental agreement or lease. Please also let us know how your landlord or property manager was to receive the check. If we do not receive a response within the next 48 hours, we will refund the transaction. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Reps Name \ Account Services

Wow. I think sending the email is what brought on the Flag. Sometimes best to leave well enough alone. sorry. wow.

Message 16 of 54
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

And the fun begins.. Didn't take long lol to get flagged.. I just sent them the lease agreement after getting the below email.  Really why do they have to make this so hard, do they not want to remain in business?  I knew this was coming, but this is just silly as I was pro-active and got a response earlier saying they didn't need anything at the moment and sure enough recieved this email not to long ago..  So ya it is a pain to deal with them, I can't imagine them being around to long if they do this to most people.  Will be very upset if they hold this more than a day or two, we shall see.. As stated I expected this after reading other peoples nightmares with few initial successes.

Hi xxx,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to you regarding your recent payment with Plastiq to John Doe (ID 123456). I wanted to let you know your payment has been put on hold because we do not allow payments to other people unless they are directly providing you with goods or services. As an example, we are unable to support payments that are to reimburse someone else for an expense they incurred on your behalf.

If this payment is to your landlord or property manager, please send over a copy of an rental agreement or lease. Please also let us know how your landlord or property manager was to receive the check. If we do not receive a response within the next 48 hours, we will refund the transaction. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Wow. I think sending the email is what brought on the Flag. Sometimes best to leave well enough alone. sorry. wow.

Nah did a bit of research on FT about this; they are just a PITA to deal with overall..  I did my researchSmiley Happy.

It is all fixed now and funds are released and the check should be sent out tomorrow.  So all is good

Message 17 of 54
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I'm in the process of using them now to pay my mortgage. Which is around $1500. The fee was $23 using MasterCard. I received a email today stating the check was mailed. I did the transaction last Thursday. Hopefully it will go well. Never used them before. I'm meeting my spends by just paying monthly bills. I went ahead and paid the electric bill 3 months ahead as well. I plan to get my bonuses! Lol
Message 18 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Hi xxx,

Best,

CC did exactly the right thing in sending that email

Message 19 of 54
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I used it successfully last month.  Took 5-6 days for confirmation that payment was sent to mortgage company.  Ended up working out well i guess.  Nice to have options. 

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.