Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Rent - Plastiq - Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying Rent - Plastiq - Amex

@Gmood1 wrote:

Cap one will be dropping a Venture type CL at your door step when spending consistently like that. I'm sure it will pay off in the end for you.

One can hope! LOL Especially with the 13 new accounts (and almost as many inquiries) I just acquired in September. I'll be gardening for the next year minimum, more like two. I'll need all the CLI love I can get my hands on between now and then! Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 54
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Ha ha..I'm right there with you! I've added 17 new accounts in 4 months! I got tired of getting those letters stating I didn't have enough revolving accounts! All I can say too them is.."Now What" ? lol

Cap one and Discover have already given me CLI's in that time. 

I'm sitting in the garden for at least the next year or so. Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

Ha ha..I'm right there with you! I've added 17 new accounts in 4 months! I got tired of getting those letters stating I didn't have enough revolving accounts! All I can say too them is.."Now What" ? lol

Cap one and Discover have already given me CLI's in that time. 

I'm sitting in the garden for at least the next year or so. Smiley Happy

Right? My oldest card is going on 11 months this month so my AAoA is still quite low. I figured I might as well take the hit now and watch those "reasons" go away in another year or two. Thin file, what? LOL

I'm sure we'll be in good company in the garden. Smiley LOL

Message 53 of 54
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So has anyone used Plastiq without a headache successfully on this forum?  I decided to finish off the spend for my 100k Amex promo today so I decided to pay rent in the sum of $1500 (37.50$ fee).  The fee is fine as this frees me up for other things and well worth the 100k MR's.  So if this works, I have met the minimum spend in under a month.  I know some of you do it with one charge, but don't have any big charges out there I neededSmiley Happy..

My question is who has used this and who has had a headache or a good success story with it?  The reason I worry is I probably should of done a smaller $50 test charge to see if it would get processed fine, but went for the gusto for $1500, which isn't really a small chunk of change.  I sent it to a PERSON, not a business or LLC or whatever.  The person is my landlord and I sent it to the same address as I live, just a different persons name as he stays there only on the weekend and uses this address as his primary mailing address.  Used the drop-down as Rent/Mortgage and issued a physical check vs. ACH.  Think this will go through or any issues ahead of me being I will need to provide them with an invoice or lease agreement?  I can provide them with either, what I am afraid of is them putting a hold on the payment until they investigate this charge although it went through and is in pending status with Amex just fine currently.   I heard it can take anywhere from 7 day - 30 days for them to process this payment.  The site once submitted the payment said it will be there anywhere form the 30th to the 2nd.  After reading more on other sites after I made this payment to an INDIVIDUAL alot of times this gets flagged and either you need to provide info as stated above or they cancel the payment all together.  Just wondering if I am going to be out of pocket $1500 for awhile or if it should go through smoothly?  Anyone here have experience with this scenario?  Thanks in advance!

I learn something new every time I log into the forum. I have never heard of Plastiq. I will have to check them out.

I use radpad, with my PayPal cash back debit (free).  They have the same fee as plastiq, but seemed far easier to deal with.  I don't know if they do mortgages, but their app follows check through mailing to deposit.

Signature needs updating
Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.