Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Speeding Ticket and AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying Speeding Ticket and AA

Has anybody experienced adverse action or credit limit decrease from paying a speeding ticket fine on a BOA card? just wondering, thanks for any insights

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Paying Speeding Ticket and AA

Um. No.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 23
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

You shouldn't have any worries about this.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 23
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anybody experienced adverse action or credit limit decrease from paying a speeding ticket fine on a BOA card? just wondering, thanks for any insights

The speeding ticket and overall credit history both have affects on your auto insurance premium.  But as for as adverse action directly from BOA no.  

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'm concerned about whether it will look bad to have a court charge show up on your credit card statement.

I remember how people were talking about how liquor store or Wal-mart charges could raise a red flag with the banks.  I'm not sure if it was just Amex doing this or if it was every bank.  There were some articles about it though.  Did they stop doing this?  There was some uproar about it.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Walmart Discover card i got a couple of months ago....well dec. actually do you think AMEX will freak about that or would they have already considering i have had them for sometime

Message 6 of 23
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I'm concerned about whether it will look bad to have a court charge show up on your credit card statement.

I remember how people were talking about how liquor store or Wal-mart charges could raise a red flag with the banks.  I'm not sure if it was just Amex doing this or if it was every bank.  There were some articles about it though.  Did they stop doing this?  There was some uproar about it.

An isolated payment of a speeding ticket (I'm assuming you're not a habitual speeder Smiley Wink) probably isn't going to make a difference.  This charge probably wouldn't identify you as being a credit risk to your credit card company.

You're right that some people have had their CLs decreased because of where they used their card.  There was a lawsuit about this practice, and if it's still being done, then the CC companies are being very discreet about it.

What you buy, where you shop may affect your credit

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info....so what was the outcome of the lawsuit?

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't be so fast in believing that it can't result in AA.

Although the odds may be slim on a non AmEx card, one of our near and dear moderators was just sent to FR hell by AmEx because he used the card to pay legal bills.

When in doubt, that's why God invented checks or check cards.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if one of those cards you can load with cash like Visa green dot can be used instead.....When you charge something to one of those, does the payment go through instantly like a credit card?  Or does it take a few days for the money to be pulled from the card, like a bank draft?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.