Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying before cut date.... rewards?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Paying before cut date.... rewards?

@Anonymous wrote:

You two have made a very good point.  It looks like I need to sit down and figure out some numbers.  I know I get 5x points for hotel stays, 2x points for things like resturants and 1x points for almost everything else.  Maybe I should only be using the card for hotel stays and pick up another card for all other purchases.  My husband racked up 150 something nights paid at Marriotts last year before the 5x points cc and we were able to get quiet a few free hotel rooms out of that.  Now that we get 5x points using the cc, just charging the hotel rooms we'll rack up even more points leaving us with even more free hotel stays. 

Thanks for the thought.  Going to run the confusing numbers and probably ending up applying for a more suiting "everyting else" cc soon.  lol

I didn't realize your husband was putting up those kinda numbers. He should still use the marriott card on hotel stays, but depending on what his other spend is in he would want to pick up another travel card. The CSP may work you all have a lot of restraunt spend as well as misc travel expenses such as rental cars and mass transit, etc. If he has to fly a lot then maybe the Amex PRG would be good for the airfare. Citi prestige may be worth it if he flies AA since it would get him lounge access. A lot of what the second card should be would be based upon whether or not he flies a lot. If so what airline he uses and also what airline if any you all would prefer for redemptions. You will be covered with free hotel nights it seems, so I would think you would like to focus on earning towards free flights etc. I don't know if your husband has any discretion or if always has to be marriott stays, but if he can choose the hotel he may want to look into hyatt or SPG as well, since with that many nights he may be able to earn elite status with multiple chains and additional free nights. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.