cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying bills with CCs or LOC with rewards?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Paying bills with CCs or LOC with rewards?

It is apparently available at some Targets in San Bernardino County (even though they are not on the list).  And since CA is such a small state, that most be close!

If your sister can't help and it's not urgent, I would wait for the general roll out

Message 11 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

It is apparently available at some Targets in San Bernardino County (even though they are not on the list).  And since CA is such a small state, that most be close!

If your sister can't help and it's not urgent, I would wait for the general roll out

I would look into serve as well if you use softcard variety thats 1500 CC load there , and then you probably can find other ways to load 5k an month if you are creative. 

If you want to believe the rumor mill, the redbird cc loads will get nerfed pretty soon. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I would look into serve as well if you use softcard variety thats 1500 CC load there , and then you probably can find other ways to load 5k an month if you are creative. 

If you want to believe the rumor mill, the redbird cc loads will get nerfed pretty soon. 

San Bernardino?! YES, that's about 30-40 miles from where I live!  I'll definitely make some calls to the Target stores around there and ask if they have it.

@mongstradamus, the 1500 CC load would work for all my bills except the largest one - which is a consistent $2100 a month I gotta pay for rent. 

Message 13 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

San Bernardino?! YES, that's about 30-40 miles from where I live!  I'll definitely make some calls to the Target stores around there and ask if they have it.

@mongstradamus, the 1500 CC load would work for all my bills except the largest one - which is a consistent $2100 a month I gotta pay for rent. 

Target is an good choce then for you if you have access to redbird card. I wish i had access to it lol. So i am stuck using serve with cc loads and VGC sadly. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Target is an good choce then for you if you have access to redbird card. I wish i had access to it lol. So i am stuck using serve with cc loads and VGC sadly. 

Yeah, I just spoke to an AMEX rep on their Serve Live Chat.  Asked them if I'd be able to load at LEAST 3k with CC every month but they said the limit is 1k, at no more than 200 per day - they can't raise those limits at all.  Gonna have to look into that Target card now!

Message 15 of 25
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

If you have Discover, you may want to check out Evolve Money http://www.evolvemoney.com/

It's free to use (no fees).

Seems pretty restrictive to use for a site that wants to be a central bill paying service... from its Terms:

"By using the Service, you agree to adhere to the transaction limits set by us in our sole discretion from time to time.  You will i) only be allowed to pay up to $1,000.00 in bill payments in a calendar day; ii) only be allowed to make one (1) payment to the same Biller account number per calendar month; iii) not be permitted to make payments more than $10,000 per calendar month in aggregate; and iv) not create or use multiple Accounts in an effort to circumvent our set transaction limits. A calendar day is defined as Midnight to Midnight PST.."

Message 16 of 25
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@hawaii-girl wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

If you have Discover, you may want to check out Evolve Money http://www.evolvemoney.com/

Seems pretty restrictive to use for a site that wants to be a central bill paying service... from its Terms:

"By using the Service, you agree to adhere to the transaction limits set by us in our sole discretion from time to time.  You will i) only be allowed to pay up to $1,000.00 in bill payments in a calendar day; ii) only be allowed to make one (1) payment to the same Biller account number per calendar month; iii) not be permitted to make payments more than $10,000 per calendar month in aggregate; and iv) not create or use multiple Accounts in an effort to circumvent our set transaction limits. A calendar day is defined as Midnight to Midnight PST.."

For sure, no one is running tens of thousands of dollars per month through evolve.  However, if someone is interested in earning rewards by paying bills that do not accept credit card payments or charge a fee for credit card payment, evolve is a good, free option.

I use it to pay my student loans, utility bills,and store credit card bills.  Instead of getting no points for those transactions, I earn 1% cash back.  I'll never get rich from this, but it's better than the nothing I had been getting.  It costs me nothing to use the service.  And I can do it from the comfort of my couch.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 17 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

@hawaii-girl wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

For sure, no one is running tens of thousands of dollars per month through evolve.  However, if someone is interested in earning rewards by paying bills that do not accept credit card payments or charge a fee for credit card payment, evolve is a good, free option.

I use it to pay my student loans, utility bills,and store credit card bills.  Instead of getting no points for those transactions, I earn 1% cash back.  I'll never get rich from this, but it's better than the nothing I had been getting.  It costs me nothing to use the service.  And I can do it from the comfort of my couch.

Right, and it started off without those restrictions, and added them as costs grew.  But they have added Discover, say they will expand to MC/V, and they also talked about mortgage exceptions, so you can pay more than $1000.   Many of have been using gift cards, getting maybe 4% back, so well worth while if you have enough bills that can be paid with $500 or less.   It's unusual in that it allows you to use gift cards online (bluebird, redbird, serve require "real" debit cards)

Message 18 of 25
dbatl14
Contributor

I just read on American Express Serve that if you load with a Credit Card that the Cash Advance Fee may apply?

I remember Wells Fargo killing me on that when I made a payment to my credit union. They charged me $20 for a $15 payment.

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 19 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@dbatl14 wrote:

I just read on American Express Serve that if you load with a Credit Card that the Cash Advance Fee may apply?

I remember Wells Fargo killing me on that when I made a payment to my credit union. They charged me $20 for a $15 payment.

A few cards do, most don't.   But it's one of those things that can change at any time.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.