Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying bills with amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying bills with amex

So i've read about people use bluebird, serve, or things like chargesmart to pay companies that don't accept credit cards as payment.

Can someone please explain how this is done? I  want to shift all my payments onto my amex to get MR points but my auto loan company doesn't take credit cards. 

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying bills with amex

@Anonymous wrote:

So i've read about people use bluebird, serve, or things like chargesmart to pay companies that don't accept credit cards as payment.

Can someone please explain how this is done? I  want to shift all my payments onto my amex to get MR points but my auto loan company doesn't take credit cards. 

My electric company DOES, but does NOT accept Amex.  I wish I knew how to get around that.

Message 2 of 27
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My electric company DOES, but does NOT accept Amex.  I wish I knew how to get around that.

evolve is an way around that. Back to original question, if you are looking for easy way to pay for taxes, electricity , auto loans , etc. Serve is probably easiest way you can load by cc from home for 1000-1500 an month depending on the card softcard or regular serve. From there you can do an push payment to what ever company you want to pay. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 27
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is kinda beyond the scope of this forum. if you google it you will quickly find an explanation of the different products. They are simple to understand by viewing their websites. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Please use google and find out about the products/explanation of how to use for bill pay/other things. There are forums more dedicated to this sort of thing.

We really don't need to start another situation which we all just agreed not to discuss on here!

Message 5 of 27
core
Valued Contributor

kdm, fancy seeing you here! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm everywhere lately! I'm on these forums way too much....lol

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry i wasn't aware it was against the rules to discuss this. 

I checked evolve and they only accept discover for credit card payments.

Message 8 of 27
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry i wasn't aware it was against the rules to discuss this. 

It is not against the rules to discuss it. its just that it is kinda beyond the topic of credit cards in general when you start getting into the specific details of how the product works. Also, by looking at the websites or running google you will get a much more in depth analysis of which product would suit your needs and the pros/cons of each. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 9 of 27
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And they no longer allow you to pay lenders (your auto loan) with Discover.  Electric bill, yes, but only if your power company is already set up on their system.  I haven't had luck a single time trying to get them to add a biller for me, even after I forwarded all the requested documentation.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.