Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying bills with amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying bills with amex

You're right. Amex cards can't be used to load Serve but they can be used on Redbird (aka Target Redcard). I'm going to stick with serve because its a pain to go to target where i live; however, everyone should know that you cant have both serve and redbird. As for serve, Chase freedom rewards still apply so i'm going to use that

Message 21 of 27
core
Valued Contributor

I keep hearing about Redbird like everyone and their mother has one.  But isn't it only available in 23 states or something like that?  And even then not all cities in those states have them.  For something that's available in less than half the country it sure seems popular with hardly anyone mentioning the fact that they can't get one.

Message 22 of 27
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

All my bills take cc's, except for rent. Have tons of checks, only write one a month. Probably run out by 2020.Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 23 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@core wrote:

I keep hearing about Redbird like everyone and their mother has one.  But isn't it only available in 23 states or something like that?  And even then not all cities in those states have them.  For something that's available in less than half the country it sure seems popular with hardly anyone mentioning the fact that they can't get one.

A lot of people (i.e. those that know and want them!) get them by other means, buying them from others.

Message 24 of 27
core
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@core wrote:

A lot of people (i.e. those that know and want them!) get them by other means, buying them from others.

Well I sure want one, and would sell my child (if I had one) to get a card.  Do they not ask for SSNs and such when registering the card, meaning the seller probably wouldn't just hand one over to a stranger?  Not to mention the duplicate account issues the seller would have, if he sells these as a hobby.  I will have to do some checking.

I was more worried about being able to load the thing after I had the physical card.  Until just now it hadn't occurred to me that you might be able to load the card at any Target even in states where they don't offer it.  Is this the case?  Looks like I've got some homework to do.

Message 25 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@core wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@core wrote:

Well I sure want one, and would sell my child (if I had one) to get a card.  Do they not ask for SSNs and such when registering the card, meaning the seller probably wouldn't just hand one over to a stranger?  Not to mention the duplicate account issues the seller would have, if he sells these as a hobby.  I will have to do some checking.

I was more worried about being able to load the thing after I had the physical card.  Until just now it hadn't occurred to me that you might be able to load the card at any Target even in states where they don't offer it.  Is this the case?  Looks like I've got some homework to do.

Lots of info in the wiki entry at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644836-prepaid-redcard-target-2015-a.html

Basically any info can be entered when purchasing the initial temp card, and you enter your own info when registering, and neither side can see the others info (if done correctly).  And yes, you can generally load in any non-NC target!

Message 26 of 27
core
Valued Contributor

Awesome.  Thanks, longtimelurker.  Target here I come.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.