cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying car payment with credit card. Would you?

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Paying car payment with credit card. Would you?

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

well potentially you could do mortgage, but its not the easiest way with serve, you can do the 1500 per month if you do it thru isis. Then you buy pre paid card to load more onto your server account via walmart. Its an bit more complicated that way, but its doable. 

Must have an adroid OS for Isis, right?  

for android i think its easier since its just an sim card you get from your cell provider. I think iphone is an bit more annoying you need to buy an nfc enabled case or something. I don't have an ios device so i am not 100% sure about the intricacies. Don't quote me on this though :-(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 31 of 34
Open123
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

well potentially you could do mortgage, but its not the easiest way with serve, you can do the 1500 per month if you do it thru isis. Then you buy pre paid card to load more onto your server account via walmart. Its an bit more complicated that way, but its doable. 

for android i think its easier since its just an sim card you get from your cell provider. I think iphone is an bit more annoying you need to buy an nfc enabled case or something. I don't have an ios device so i am not 100% sure about the intricacies. Don't quote me on this though :-(

Thanks.

I see.  Don't think it'll work with the iPhone for me, especially if I may have to buy an external case.  Maybe iPhone 6 will have NFC, but doubt it!

Message 32 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Thanks.

I see.  Don't think it'll work with the iPhone for me, especially if I may have to buy an external case.  Maybe iPhone 6 will have NFC, but doubt it!

Yeah  , proabably not worth it but you can still use serve with no isis and load 1k an month with no fees. That should be good enough for car loans, You can have option of using pre paid debit to add more if you want to. I think its something like 5k limit per month loading via WM. Its just up to how hard you want to work at finding pre paid debit cards to add. Its doable but just isn't as easy. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 33 of 34
d170
Regular Contributor

This is what I love about this forum. You ask a question and other ideas pop up. I called and asked to switch to serve as I have bluebird. I have to spend the balance and can switch immediately. One car loan has an rate of 2.93 the truck has a rate of 4 or 5%. I think I'm going to go the serve route. I'm dealing with a relationship where my credit is the worse of the two so,  convincing the person with the 800+ score to do this for cash back or mileage points for a free or semi free mini vacation, I'd have to make sure this has no way of impacting our housing/living expenses.

I think I'll try it a few months on my credit cards and cell phone bills and then experiment with the cars and go full on all expenses. I working in the mortgage industry (not a realtor though) and my job fluctuates. Her job is pretty secure.  

She did a few years ago a 0% offer and made a few bucks off of that and while she thought that was interesting, it wasn't something that was going to make enough back to do anything fun with it. 

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.