Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off someone elses CC debt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying off someone elses CC debt?

If they won't take the money as a check just give them 24 Vanilla reload cards. Smiley Tongue

It's a Win/Win for everybody! Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update.  I went through with it and knocked out all 13k of the remaining debt they had.  They were shocked and incredibly grateful to say the least.  They both have medical problems and my dad works extremly hard labor all the time at 67.  So doing so free'd up alot of extra money for them since they were paying over $1200 a month to try to get the debt eliminated by summer next year.  The debt was much higher in 09 but they stopped using credit cards since then.  It was alot of cash to pay, but forunately I'm a position to do so without much burden.

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a quick update.  I went through with it and knocked out all 13k of the remaining debt they had.  They were shocked and incredibly grateful to say the least.  They both have medical problems and my dad works extremly hard labor all the time at 67.  So doing so free'd up alot of extra money for them since they were paying over $1200 a month to try to get the debt eliminated by summer next year.  The debt was much higher in 09 but they stopped using credit cards since then.  It was alot of cash to pay, but forunately I'm a position to do so without much burden.

Awesome!

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well done and I'm glad it worked out for you and your parents. It's great for a child to do something for their parents after all they've done for you over the years.

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow OP, I think you earned son of the year award.

Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What you did is awesome! So often it is our parents helping us out. Thanks for sharing the fact it can go both ways Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 37
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow OP, I think you earned son of the year award.

+1

Congrats!

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.