Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Hold

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Payment Hold

Well, I got paid on the 20th and immediately paid both of my Household cards so that they would be zeroed before the due date (I'm trying to keep <50% of cards reporting this month).

One of the payments has been held. Smiley Mad

But I didn't really need the credit since my intention was to let the card report a zero balance. I think it will still hit the CRAs that way, even if my credit line is on hold. It just reminded me why I'm glad that I now have a cash fund for emergencies instead of having credit as my only option. Smiley Very Happy

I'm not sure how, but apparently I actually overpaid it and I'm going to have a -4 balance. Does anyone know how this will report?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Re: Payment Hold

It will just report as a 0 balance...
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 2 of 4
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

I can tell you from experience, they definitely report a $0 balance when you overpay.  I overpay my one card almost every month by at least a dollar.  Not on purpose, just the card is screwy and they charge you to use their billpay on their site, or even to make a payment over the phone.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

2 of my 3 CC accounts have a credit and they report as 0.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.