Did you mean: 

Payment Timelines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Payment Timelines

cheddar wrote:

Cooneyca wrote:
Befpre then it's not really a credit/loan account.  Just an agreement to pay for services.

Technically then, cell phone companies don't have PP to pull your report, yet you can't get any non-prepaid cell service from a major carrier without a credit check.  I think the rationale is that if it's not prepaid, then technically it is a credit account since they are offering one month terms, so they do have PP.  They just don't report becaue they don't have to, and because they would have to pay for it if they did.

Incidentally, a natural gas provider I had in an apartment I moved out of 4 1/2 years ago did report, and to this date it's still updating "OK" every month, even though it does show "closed at consumer's request."

Hey, if they want to give me little green boxes every month even though the account has been closed for years, I won't complain.

Look at it like this, unless youo are getting a pre pay service like Cricket, yes cell phoen companies do have the right to pull your report jsut as utilities do.  You are using services BEFORE being required to pay for them, therefore getting a short term loan of those services or credit.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

cheddar wrote:

Cooneyca wrote:
Befpre then it's not really a credit/loan account.  Just an agreement to pay for services.

Technically then, cell phone companies don't have PP to pull your report, yet you can't get any non-prepaid cell service from a major carrier without a credit check.  I think the rationale is that if it's not prepaid, then technically it is a credit account since they are offering one month terms, so they do have PP.  They just don't report becaue they don't have to, and because they would have to pay for it if they did.

Incidentally, a natural gas provider I had in an apartment I moved out of 4 1/2 years ago did report, and to this date it's still updating "OK" every month, even though it does show "closed at consumer's request."

Hey, if they want to give me little green boxes every month even though the account has been closed for years, I won't complain.

Look at it like this, unless youo are getting a pre pay service like Cricket, yes cell phoen companies do have the right to pull your report jsut as utilities do.  You are using services BEFORE being required to pay for them, therefore getting a short term loan of those services or credit.

Yep, that's what I said. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

My point was that they do not report like regular creditors.  They pull your credit report because everyone pulls your credit report to do anything these days.  I opened a savings account and they pulled my credit report.  My car insurance company pulled my credit report just to give me a quote. 

With some exceptions perhaps - I've never seen it, you will only see them pop up on your credit report if you default on money they say you owe them for services or goods rendered.  Technically, that may be the behavior of a creditor, but that's not what they are in the FICO world

The response I provided was in answer to the statement wishing good payments to these types of entities would show up.
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.