Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment date & Due date?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Payment date & Due date?

My Amex statement cuts on the 11th of each month (statement actually shows the 12th though) and the due date is on the 6th of the following month. If I want to avoid any balance showing shows up on the CR, I need to PIF at least 2--days before the 11th, correct?

On the other hand, if I let a small balance remains (partial payment before statement cuts) and pay that balance on/before the due date, then I avoid finance charges too?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Payment date & Due date?

Right.

Some FYI's:

And with AmEx, you can even pay on the morning that the statement drops, and it will be credited in time. It's smarter to do so ahead of time, though, as you wrote.

"Due date" means that if you pay your account off before then, you'll be charged no interest. If you pay part of it off, you'll be charged interest on the remaining amount, which will carry over to the next month. And of course, you need to pay at least the minimum due by the due date if you're not paying it all off.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Payment date & Due date?

@Rico That is correct

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.