cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment due on credit cards with sub $1 balances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Payment due on credit cards with sub $1 balances?

Haven't thought to try overpaying but I'll see what happens here in a few minutes on a couple of them, I just assumed it'd probably give me a prompt saying payment amount exceeds balance or something like that.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They both denied me, lol.

boo.jpg

Message 12 of 14
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a couple credit cards which have balances under $1 and none of them will let you make a payment for less than $1 so I am wondering when a statement is cut am I going to have a minimum payment due that I can't even pay or is there a minimum required balance for a payment to be due on the account?  I'm slightly confused about this because I'm wondering if I need to charge a few bucks to these cards so I can pay them lol.

My overstock card has a .76 balance, one of my Mastercards has a .50 balance (used it to verify my identity, hence the stupidly small charge) and I then afterwards realized I couldn't pay a payment because my balance was too low, just curious... would seem kind of ridiculous if I had to go out and buy a candy bar to pay my bill.

When the statement is generated, if the issuer may perform a small balance write-off. Some issuers will write off under $1. Comenity will actually write off $1.99. 

Bank of America (FIA Card Services) did not write off a 99 cent balance the one time it occurred. Ironically Bank of America would not let me pay their own credit card less than $1.00, so I sent the payment from another bank.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 13 of 14
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Use YOUR BANKS online bill pay and force a payment through, or get a money order, but thats more than a pack of gum, no sense in running up debt to pay a bill. 

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.