Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment in full

tag
surgemorales
Established Member

Payment in full

I have a question about paying my account in full. Here's my example, my billing cycle end on the 1 of every month so my balance on the first was $200 but as of today is $300 so when i pay it now on the 20 of the month should i pay $300 or $200 for it to be consider payment in full. The statement balance is $200 ?

Suggestions
I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Payment in full

Pay in Full is what is on your statement.

Message 2 of 6
gsxrgt
New Contributor

In you're example you would pay 200.00 and wouldn't pay any interest next statement.

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@gsxrgt wrote:

In you're example you would pay 200.00 and wouldn't pay any interest next statement.

+1

$200 it is 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
surgemorales
Established Member

Thank you! I want it to look good. Rebuilding my credit isn't easy. But one day at a time!
I currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Experian has me at 740 and I've had a WF $500 secured card for about 2 years. I just recently got Macy $300 - Walmart $200 - Bank of America $500 (secured) - Chase Freedom $1K - Kohls $300 - JCrew $300 - Barclaycard - 1K - Buckle $300 - Sears Mastercard $400 - BestBuy Mastercard $400 - Guess I am gardening since Dec 31, 2013 for at least 6 months. Im screwed up during the holidays and acquired 6 new credit cards. Its so difficult!
Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@surgemorales wrote:
Thank you! I want it to look good. Rebuilding my credit isn't easy. But one day at a time!

Day by day 

Step by step 

The path to A-1 credit Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.